12. Valentine's Day.

Danielle's POV:

Reaching for my phone for the one hundredth time today was getting on my last nerve. What on earth could my ex want, now? Does he not get the memo that maybe I'm just not into him anymore? Yeah, he just thinks that his actions aren't going to have repercussions. What a dumbass. Thinking he'll get away with a public intoxication, DUI, and child grooming charge with me. Ha! That's very funny. And the fact that he only wants me because it's Valentine's Day and no one else will hang out with him, blah blah blah. It pisses me off just thinking of him.

Every notification has been from Brian.. What in the fuck could he want from me?! If it's sex, it'll only piss me off worse than what I've been a being. If he can't let me have just one Valentine's Day where I don't have to worry about him, my heart is going to be so crushed. Literally like he came up to me personally, grabbed my vital organ from my chest, stepping all over it. That's exactly how it'd feel.

But enough talking about my heart hurting and everything, it was time for me to continue on with all the shoving I was doing. Right now, there's all kinds of clothes in my Vera Bradley suitcase. Me and Madison decided that for a surprise for Jon to get him out of the funk, mood thing he's been in, I'd go and visit him for the day. Besides, it gives me an excuse to admire the beauty of Tennessee. Just not the Broadway part, that place isn't as pretty as it seems. Just coming from personal experience, haha.

After hanging up a clothes hanger back in my closet, a specific article of clothing caught my eye. It was none other than a hoodie that I bought from one of the merch tables when I saw Jon and the rest of the Four Wheel Drive boys back in December. The men each had their own little section, so me being the very supportive person I am, I did splurge and bought the hoodie. I guess after me and his little dispute thing we had, I just tossed all my Jon stuff to the side.

And no, there's no creepy, crazy shrine dedicated to the guy hidden in my closet. My feelings for him aren't that strong, and quite possibly will never ever get to that point. Let's thank God that He didn't make me out to be one of those obsessive girls who have weird shrines like that. It's just not my cup of tea, but to those who are like that, kudos to you, ha.

It finally hit me and it hit me pretty hard; that hoodie was definitely coming along with me for the ride to Nashville. If you would've told me on Valentine's Day this year that I'd be traveling out of state for a guy that isn't even at the slightest interested in me but I'm interested in, there would've been a lot of laughs had and me calling you a dumbass for even thinking of that actually happening.

Speaking of, that also reminded me, the old hat that was gifted by my old roommate slash best friend since childhood, Samantha, was still on the tip-top shelf of my closet. It made me so damn emotional just thinking of all the fun times me and her had. Whether we were tearing it up at some weird frat party when the two of us were in college, a country concert she always drug me to, plus everything else in between. We were like Bonnie and Clyde, but less dangerous doings, and more particularly we were both girls.

Of course, I say "were", because sadly, my girl, Sam... God, it hurts me to even think of this, but she is no longer here anymore. The way she was taken out was the worst thing imaginable. Her death traumatized me to the point that sleeping was something I would absolutely dread. It was that bad. My parents got so worried, they were going to take me to a mental institution to help me calm down. The panic attacks that were experienced and had during that time was certainly unforgettable.

Now me and her didn't see eye to eye on everything in the world, we had our differences, but at the end of the day, she was like a sister to me- and my big sister too. My big sister, Keeley, her and Sam were also close. All three of us had always been close, so her death hit us all like a freight train. It still hits me constantly.