11. Try Missing You.

Jon's POV:

It's been three weeks since I last saw Danielle. It was hard and rough having to leave my home state, but it hurt so much more knowing that Dani is down there. I'll admit it, the ache I feel every day and night is because of her. I miss her, her smile, her scent, all of it, all of her. She's addicting, I cannot get enough of her. Similar to how an alcoholic can't get enough alcohol, and very alike to how a drug addict can't get enough drugs- Danielle is my drug and alcohol, just in human form.

Yeah, yeah, it sounds cheesy and dumb as hell, but it's the way I feel about her. We've called and texted a couple times, but things have been quite busy now. It's February. Now it's only just the beginning of the month, but it's already dreadful. I've been seeing all kinds of Valentine's Day stuff and it makes me realize that this year is going to be a lonely one for me. Is that just peachy? Ha, not. Love is so out of reach for me, but oh well. As long as me and Maggie are cared for, happy, and healthy, we don't necessarily need a woman to get by.

It was nighttime, so the only light that was in the guest room was the reflection of the moon and stars light from the sky. It was kind of bright, not even going to lie. Mags was fast asleep, but as for me, well tonight was just one of those nights. Just when I thought I was about over her, an old, long gone memory of me and her pops up in my mind, and then it messes me up. But it just had to happen at night time when I'm attempting to sleep.. Ugh, that's one of the reasons on why it hurts the most. Only hits me like a shit ton of bricks while I'm trying to get some sort of rest, but oh well... I guess.

**the next morning**

Madison's voice was squealing loud this morning. What the fuck, why on planet earth is she being so noisy at this time in the morning? As if my head didn't hurt enough. Then what could be heard alongside the squeals that were coming from Madison, was Mags' baby giggle.

Oh, thank God. Not going to lie, in the back of my head, I thought that her being loud and everything was a scheme and 'prank' that Travis was trying to make Madison do just to wake me up or whatever. Thankfully, she's just playing and messing around with Magnolia. Maggie loves Madison and Travis a lot. I have a huge feeling that when me and her move out of their place, it's going to be hard for her Mags to adjust from being around two other grown-ups to it just being me and her. That also reminds me; I need to start house hunting. Picking the perfect house to raise my baby girl in is harder than anyone knows.

As a dad, that's all me and my heart truly wants is for my baby girl to grow up in a nice, clean, spacious, and safe environment. Regardless of whether there's a mother figure or not in her life. Like, yeah, it's totally understandable and very likely that Danielle has taken a liking to Mags, which is sweet and all, but that's where the fear sets in.

Fear that Danielle will do the same exact shit that my ex did, I can't go through that predicament again. I love my baby girl, but damn if I want to go through hell and back over and over again just to not find the right mother figure for her. It isn't fair to Magnolia, and it sure as hell ain't fair to me.

Madison's voice got me out of my trance and thoughts shortly after I was mentally cursing myself.

"Good morning, Jon! How are you feeling this morning? Any better than the last two or three weeks?" She asked, being as kind as possible.

"I don't even know anymore, Madison. Shit's been fucking crazy since you-know-who did her shit. Then on top of that, I've been missin' Danielle." Fuck! That wasn't supposed to slip out, but look what happened. Dammit! What an idiot I am.