22. A Good Friend And A Glass Of Wine.

Jon's POV:

"No, no! Tell me more about the- about the show you had played in Statesboro that you were telling me about in the truck!" Lana hiccuped.

Okay, so maybe we had a few too many glasses of wine- but what can I say? One glass of wine isn't merely enough. When it comes to three or more, that's where things get fun... And where I get tipsy! The best combination for me though is some red wine and a cigar. Yes sir, my favorite night cap right there.

"Alright, okay, calm your tits, I'm goin' to tell you the full story. Anyways, so this was about a few weeks after the show you saw me at in Atlanta! So okay, me and my drummer, Scott, we were joking around like we always do, right?" I questioned as she nodded. "Okay so we went to a Chick-fil-A that was nearby and as a treat to them from me, I bought everybody a meal, yeah? After loading it inside of the bus, this drummer of mine asked if all of the food was for me!"

Lana was just laughing her tail off which made me snicker a few times here and there. I won't lie, it was kind of hard letting Maggie have a sleepover at my parents' house. Obviously, this isn't the first time she's stayed overnight at their house but still.. At least she's in good hands with my mom and dad there.

Lana gasped and then slapped her hands on the table, her decorative rings making a loud noise, "No way, for real?! Dude, one of these days I'd like to meet your band members, they seem like you! Am I right or am I wrong?"

I laughed loudly, "Lana! No, no, they are nothin' like me. They are actually a lot different than me.. But you know what they say; opposites attract!"

"Anywho, would you like another glass of wine? Yay or nay?" I asked, trying to detour the conversation away from my band.

No, there's no beef between me and my band members, it's just that like Lana always says; I'm not just a country musician, therefore talking about my busy career can actually be boring to some. There could be a high chance that she could get bored of me talking about all of the stuff about me going on tour plus everything else that I do in the music industry. Then again, talking about work isn't a fun conversation topic regardless of what business you're in.

"I'll take another glass, yes! You know, us drinking and being good friends reminds me of this song I used to jam out to whenever I'd have a bad flare-up of sadness come upon me," She answered while turning the conversation about some song.

I raised my eyebrow and nodded, "Oh yeah? What song would that be?"

After politely interrogating her about the song she was speaking of, I filled up her empty glass with more wine, sliding it over to her in a gentle manner so none of the sweet liquid would accidentally spill anywhere.

"You're familiar with LeeAnn Rimes, right?" Lana began explaining the song to me, taking a quick sip from the glass so I nodded to let her finish. "She came out with this song back in 2008, it's titled, Good Friend And A Glass Of Wine. For some reason, it always helped me relax and feel better whenever I was having a terrible day! Don't you have songs like that?"

"Damn, LeeAnn Rimes is one of my favorites! Her rendition of Blue is one of my all time favorites, fun fact. However, I don't know if I'm familiar with the song you're talkin' 'bout; would you care to introduce me to the song?" I replied enthusiastically.

"Oh, I'm glad you asked!" Lana squealed as she grabbed her phone from the table and began typing away to find the song she was speaking about.