25. Guess Who's Back?

Jon's POV:

"I miss you more than you know, La-la! Mags does too, but I'm hoping to see your sweet face soon.. Are you sure we can't FaceTime?" I questioned, running a hand over my face from all the exhaustion that was present inside of my body.

Normally, me and Lana FaceTime at least two or three different times a week so that she could get her daily dose of Magnolia and me, but she hasn't done that in about a week or so. It sucks, not going to lie.

In a way, it feels like she doesn't want anything to do with me or something. It almost feels as if Lana is avoiding seeing me and my baby girl! It hurts, honestly. Even if that isn't her intention, it still hurts nonetheless. 

"I'd love to FaceTime, sweet boy, but I've just been so busy that I look just about homeless all the time," Lana laughed nervously. "We'll FaceTime tomorrow.. Do you think you can wait that long, rascal?"

Mentally, I was groaning. It sucks not being able to see Lana, even if it's through a damn phone screen. I've seen her without makeup, I've seen her without her hair done, there's no way that she looks that bad to the point that she can't FaceTime me just once. I just miss her, damn..

"Okay, but only 'cause I have a long day tomorrow; I have a show to do in Columbia, Tennessee, which is fifty minutes away from Nashville. Another thing about the whole single dad thing is that it's hard traveling with a baby- however, I don't want to constantly ask my parents to watch Magnolia all the time. It's harder than anyone knows, Lana."

"I- I know, Jon, I understand! Look, I'll be, uh, flying back to Nashville soon so I can see you and Maggie physically! Be prepared for that, Jonny boy," Lana giggled while talking.

Ugh, now if only that soon could come quicker because fuck! Being away from Lana is so hard.. It shouldn't be killing me as much as it is, but it really is. The time when she was with me and Magnolia back in June, it was total bliss- that, and we made it official between each other. My heart is sweet on this woman and that's just the way it's going to be.

It'd be so great if I could somehow and someway convince her to move down to Nashville, if not, move closer because long-distance isn't going to do either of us any good. Both mentally and emotionally.

Speaking of those two factors though, I'm mentally and emotionally drained from absolutely everything that's happened in the last few weeks. So on the 3rd of July, one of my good friends had a wedding and gotten married, but it wasn't until two days later when the realization had hit me; it was my ex-girlfriend's birthday.

July 5th is her birthday and the only thoughts that would come to mind was; who was she celebrating with? Where was she at? Was she happy that she didn't have to deal with none of the responsibilities with our daughter anymore? Is she even thinking of me and Mags? Did she want to come back and didn't know how? Okay, that one may be a bit too far fetched.. 

Those thoughts were so overbearing to the point that it kept me up almost all night; that didn't help my poor baby girl at all because she had been losing sleep over an ear infection that last little while. She's okay now, but nonetheless, having to hear and see her be in pain killed me in pretty much every way possible. Especially since there was no way in my physical power to make her feel better.

Seeing Mags make a full recovery after that icky ear infection makes me a proud Da-da, that's for sure! That kid is so strong despite everything she's had to go through in her eight months of life. No infant as young as her should ever have to go through what she went through..