21. Date Night.

Jon's POV:

Lana has been with me and Mags in Nashville for three days now and it's been incredible! Her being here has been nothing short of amazing! Not only does she help out with Magnolia, but she also helps me out with the whole interior design thing. The second we got to my house after the excruciating, painful, long plane ride, she began telling me all the things she'd help me out with in just the living room alone! It's definitely overwhelming knowing she has these decorating skills, haha.

Is it bad to say that I'm surprised she hasn't even tried to renovate anything yet? I know that you can never know what someone else's move is, but I'm on the edge of my seat every day because of this woman- in a good way! You know, a change of scenery would definitely spice up the place and make it feel more livelier.

Speaking of the devil, Lana was playing with Magnolia in her little walker. There were all kinds of things attached to the walker; buttons to press, little butterflies to spin around, and even more than what I could even explain.

Seeing how genuinely happy Lana looks whenever she's with Mags makes me feel so many different emotions. Knowing that she cares for that baby similar to how I do, it's an indescribable feeling. However, Maggie sure does love her some La-la as she calls Lana, haha. That's the first thing she always asks me for in the morning, the way she coos out Lana's name melts me to the damn core!

"Hey! Do you know where one of Magnolia's pacifiers are, Jon? Also, fun fact, she had lost one at my house back in Nebraska," Lana laughed as she ran her hand on the top of Mags' head.

Maggie babbled at the gesture as she reached her arms out to Lana and that was enough to make me giggle and smile from ear to ear.

"Hold on, she did have a pacifier when I put her in the walker. Let me guess, she threw it across the room- she does that shit a bit too often. We run out of pacifiers like you wouldn't believe, Lan. She throws them, teethes onto them, whatever you can think of, she does to them. It's rough, ha. Justice for those damned ole pacifiers. We go through so many because of many reasons!" I chuckled, shaking my head at the sheer thought of how much money I've spent on pacifiers alone.

She soon grabbed Mags out of the walker and plopped down on the arm chair that was catty-cornered to the window, my seven month old sitting upon Lana's knee, not a worry in the world going on in that innocent mind of hers. Oh to be that young, carefree, and innocent again. One could only dream to be that way forever.

"Oh, sweet Magnolia could never! Tell Da-da to stop telling all those mean lies about you, sweet pea!" Lana giggled, still bouncing Mags on her knee.

After searching for the missing pacifier that she had lost, I shuffled my way to where the two girls were sitting and carefully placed the cream colored pacifier in her tiny mouth.

"Da-da!" Magnolia cried out happily when she had saw me, her arms reaching out for me.

She's clingy to Lana, yes, but she's even more so clingy to me. However, it doesn't bother me in the slightest way because Mags is only going to be this young and little forever; so it's best that the little things like her being all clingy and stuff lasts as long as they possibly can.

"Hey, pretty girl, Da-da's here! I promise! He's here!" My voice squeaked a bit, squatting down to be at her height level since she was still sitting on Lana's knee.