18. Meeting Magnolia.

Jon's POV:

It's been three-ish months since that show in Atlanta. That was one of the best nights of my life. Thankfully I had a few beers and shots of whiskey because if not, there's no way I would've had enough courage to bring Lana up on stage to dance with me to Dance Tonight. Obviously, that wasn't my first time ever doing that on stage, but it just felt right that night. Man, she looked so beautiful without even trying though. Her dance moves were something else for sure- in good ways, of course.

At the moment, Me and Mags were flying out to Nebraska to see Lana. I think that since we've gotten so close with one another, it's time that she knows about everything that happened to me months ago and to meet my darling daughter. This flight has been taking a while but nonetheless, I'm excited to see Lana again. Even though we haven't seen each other physically in about three or so months, we have FaceTimed nightly. God, she's so gorgeous... I need to stop thinking of her, it'll only make me miss her even more.

Flying with a baby isn't so bad. Thankfully I was able to buy two plane tickets. One seat for me and the other being taken by Maggie and her carrier. She's hasn't cried yet this whole plane ride and it's been a good hour or two since we boarded the plane; in my personal opinion, that's not such a bad thing. Maybe she'll keep calm for the remainder of the plane ride.

The flight I had chose to buy tickets for departed at 2:32 in the afternoon. It's a five hour flight, meaning that we'll arrive at 6:44, or at least, that's what we're hoping for anyways. However, it can differ, so maybe it'll be at least six by the time we arrive at the airport that's in Nebraska. The airport we're supposed to be landing in is in Scottsbluff, which is about an hour and twenty minutes away from Sidney, where Lana resides.

**time jump because airplane ride scenes are boring and it's kind of hard to write one when there's only one adult and a baby in the scene... oops, carry on! 😂**

Finally! After all the hassle of getting a rental car from the Enterprise place in Scottsbluff, they were able to pair me up with a sweet vehicle! Definitely a blessing. Thankfully the taxi was able to take me to the car place because it would've taken a while to walk there with a baby carrier in hand. That thing is pretty heavy. Not like it's holding a seven month old or anything, haha. It's crazy to think that in about five or so months, she'll be a one year old. It makes me kinda nervous and sad to think that she's growing up so quickly right in front of my eyes..

While pulling into the neighborhood that Lana lives in, my breath got caught in the back of my throat. So many thoughts were crossing through my mind. What if she don't like kids? What if she thinks I'm a terrible father? What if she does the same shit that Magnolia's mother did? Maybe I should just turn this car around and leave...

Alas, even though I was going back and forth with whether or not to back down from this situation, I pulled into the driveway of her house. It was very nice on the outside, maybe on the inside it's just as nice.

Getting out of the rental car, I opened up the backseat door to get Maggie out and she babbled whilst playing with the toy that was wrapped around the handle of the carrier. It was some kind of rattle, it made a lot of noise and it made her content- which is an amazing thing! It doesn't take much to keep that baby occupied, haha.

As I had got up to the front door of her house, I said a silent prayer and knocked my knuckles onto the door. Right after the second knock, there stood Lana in all her gorgeous glory. She's one hell of a sight. She is just so beautiful!