20. Gotta Catch That Nashville Flight.

Lana's POV:

Right as the sun came shining brightly through the blinds in the window that's in my bedroom, a groan came from my lips and I soon sat up in bed and stretched my legs a bit as my legs were in fetal position; that's the way I've always, always, always slept, and it definitely won't change- at all.

While moving around in bed to wake myself up a little, the sounds of a baby cooing and making all kinds of sounds. Oh my goodness, it was Mags, of course. It was literally the cutest sound ever! But it always saddened me to hear it because the realization of knowing both Jon and Magnolia are going to have to go back home is a very hard to pill to swallow. They have been such amazing and fun company, it's going to feel very empty when they make their departure.

I grabbed ahold of my phone that was settled on the nightstand to see that the time was 12:30pm. Whoa! I slept in really late! That's never happened before. Perhaps, last night was a long one? Ugh, my memory is kind of foggy and a big blur at the moment. Was alcohol involved? Normally when I drink, the next morning is always a blur for me, but then again, who knows?

My cat, Ophelia was purring quiet loudly as she was right at my feet; of course she decided to get comfortable right there of all places- that's so annoying, haha. My cat means a lot to me, yes, but she's a clingy one, for sure. And it's at the most inconvenient times as well.

Right as I was about to get up and sadly scare my cat, that was the exact moment when Jon had peeped his head through the crack in the door.

"Hey! You're not, uh, naked, are you? I just wanted to come in and check on ya. You've been asleep for ages! You okay?" He asked, slowly approaching into the bedroom, cracking the door behind him.

I sighed while playing with a strand of my messy hair, Ophelia making a very fast run for it out of my bedroom. She doesn't like loud noises and she also hates it when people are standing up; honestly, I think it just intimidates her a bit too much since people are like ten times the size when they stand up.

"I'm okay, I promise.. Just have a headache is all. Also, you and Mags are supposed to be flying back home to Nashville tomorrow right?" I questioned, needing a fresh reminder on if my assumption was correct or not.

Jon nodded as frowned, "Sadly, yes, I've got tour dates coming up this weekend so to be honest, it's best I go back to Tennessee to get prepared for those shows. Maybe you'll happen to come back to the Volunteer state? We can do this back and forth thing, only as long as you're financially able and willing to do so... If it isn't possible, perhaps me and you can meet in the middle somehow? We'll make this work; this is goin' to sound stalker-ish and it's far from that, but I don't know if I could genuinely be away from you and not see you physically in another three months all over again. Last time it was hell being without you..."

"Aww, Jon, honestly, same. I don't know how I was able to go without you for three whole months! Your jokes hit different when it's in person and I can see the humor in not only your laugh, but your eyes as well. You give me an amazing feeling and vibe. That, and your sweet daughter is such a beautiful bonus with our friendship. I call dibs to be the babysitter anytime you need it whenever you're in the area!" I perked up, my smile growing from ear to ear.

He smiled and kissed my cheek, "I appreciate that offer. You and Mags are the best. She really cares for you, Lana. She likes you a lot! I ain't ever seen or heard that baby laugh and babble as much as she does when you're holding her. Also, do you mind if I ask a genuine question..?"