13. Valentine's Day, Part 2.

Jon's POV:

"Madison! What the fuck happened to her? What did you do to her?!" I cried hopelessly, the words barely coming out of my mouth.

"J-Jon, I have no idea what happened. I had just walked in the room to see why on earth she was crying... Travis has been watching Georgia sports on the tv, you were answering the knock at the front door, and I was showering. She doesn't seem to have any wounds on her, but it makes no sense, why is she crying like this? She's never cried this much since you two have been here with us.." Madison breathlessly told me, gazing in my eyes.

For me, it was just tears central from my eyes. It's not just a matter of what happened, but who did it. Or at least getting to the bottom of what is going on with her, anyway..

"Look, I've got enough stress on my plate. Danielle hounding me asking me about the house hunting thing plus telling me off about my decisions. Why on fucking earth did you invite her out here, Madison?" I questioned, anger starting to fill up inside me. And boy was it filling up rather quickly.

"Slow down, just.. Be calm, there's already enough stress with you know, the house hunting thing, you having a lot of tour dates to do this year, and now whatever's going on with Maggie. Stay calm-" Madison kept running her mouth until I politely cut her off for a second or two.

"How am I supposed to stay calm if I have this so said chick who has no reason at all to be in my business standing right in your living room? This was supposed to be an upgrade from the last chick I was with. This went lovely... Not. Look, Madi, you're an amazing woman, but your matchmaking skills are not up to par," I chuckled, trying to make some sort of good joke within these circumstances.

Madison cradled Magnolia in her arms and looked down at her with so much love. She is really good with children whether she wants to admit that or not. Honestly, if her and Travis did want to, in the future, they'd in fact be the best parents in the world. Like truly, no doubt in my mind on that.

"Okay, you see here, J, I just knew that today was terrible for you. This is the first Valentine's Day you've spent without you-know-who in like, what, two years? Either way, I just thought it was a good idea.. I am so sorry. Please do not hate me for that. I was only just trying to help you and make the bad feel a little better for you," She apologized, a few tears dropping down to her cheeks.

As she was weeping while talking and everything, I grabbed Mags from Madison and took a seat on the bed, her following suit as she sniffled a bit. Not even going to lie at the slightest, it broke me seeing her cry. It hurts seeing anyone cry, but seeing Madison crying just broke me a lot more than I even knew to comprehend at that point.

"Hey, hey, I didn't say all of that.. It's all okay. Just a bit pissed off that Danielle called me a dickhead when I've tried my damnedest to be nothing but nice to her. And she starts judging my personal life choices right when she comes up to the porch? Imagine how that'd feel, it sucks. At first, I thought me and her were going to move past our disagreements, but that is not going to happen. Then on top of all that previous stuff, she wanted to pretend she didn't just critique me minutes prior and asks if she can go see Magnolia. Ha! She's a piece of shit, honestly. I'm sorry for talking smack about your friend or whatever, but she pissed me off to my limits," I shook my head in shame.

"Jonathan! Will you just sit down- or well, calm down for two seconds? I totally get it, you're upset about what happened between you and Danielle, it's got to be hard. I actually overheard the whole entire conversation. You, uh, definitely aren't a dick. You actually are so amazing. It's your life, you live it how you want to. It's not Dani's place to judging you or telling you how to live, or what you should do... It hurts me knowing I tried to set up a good friend in a toxic environment like that. I would've never guessed she'd be that way. Guess she finally showed her true colors. Jon, please forgive me, the next girl, they will be better. Madison is on a mission and she'll find you, Jon Langston, the perfect girl! Hopefully someone different than Danielle. So whenever you're ready to try someone else if you and Dani don't end up falling through, let me know. I've got tons of singles in my DMS," Madison laughed at the tail end of her whole conversation topic thing.