32. Maggie Mae's Birthday Party.

Lana's POV:

"The cake is too cute! Do you think she'll even eat this?" I asked Jon hastily as he just laughed.

"Lana, chill out! It's just a cake for a one year old; I don't think she's goin' to really care about what it looks like or anything," Jon answered honestly. "Travis and Madison are actually on their way out here by the way! I know how you like to be clingy to Mads."

That simple statement made me laugh and playfully shove him to the side, "Shut up! You're just as clingy with Travis, sir."

Jon flipped me off and stuck his tongue out playfully. In response, my own middle finger was raised up and a laugh escaped my lips.

That's how our relationship turned out to be after the past few months. We mess around with one another, we flip each other off a lot, we act immature at times, we laugh at the stupidest things... That's how I truly know that the love we have between one another is different than what I've read about in those cheesy, cliché yet intriguing and wonderful romance novels.

"Let's go and wake up the belated birthday girl so she can eat some breakfast; we're not letting her have sugar right off the bat," I giggled and shook my head as we both walked into Magnolia's nursery and there she was hopping up and down in her crib. "I made her a small pancake.. Do you think she'd like that? I only made one since she doesn't eat that much."

Jon nodded his head vigorously and started getting a bit too excited.. Did he get into some sugar at some point? Lord Jesus, take the wheel with this boy.. He just ain't right sometimes.

I grabbed Mags from her crib and gave her a small kiss on her forehead. She cooed and babbled out for her daddy, so I handed her over to Jon who was standing right beside me the whole entire time we were in her bedroom.

"Hey, Daddy's sweet princess! Me and Mama missed you, bug!" Jon then began baby talking the one year old who continued to babble on and on with her baby nonsense.

"Daddy!" Magnolia screamed out happy while hugging Jon's neck tightly.

Before she decided to pull away, get distracted or anything else, I whipped my phone out of my pocket of the leggings I was wearing and took a few pictures of Jon and Magnolia. They looked too happy and way too good to not take pictures! Today is all about the pictures, memories, and time spent with everyone- especially Mags as it is her birthday party!

J shook his head at the flash of the camera and laughed, "Your mama just ain't right, Mags. You and me are stuck with this woman who takes photos like crazy!"

I laughed and flipped him off once again because of his smartass remark that he had said to Magnolia about me. Oh my gosh, my heart just keeps on melting! He keeps referring to me as her mother! Literally being called her mama makes me want to protect her from all things bad in the world even more than ever before.

"Sit your ass down! You love me despite my want to take an abundance of pictures and videos," I rolled my eyes after defending myself. "No, in reality though, I want a lot of pictures and videos because honestly, this can be a memory we could one day reminisce on when she's older down the road.. A nostalgic thing, if you will.. And have pictures and videos to look back on as well."

Jon nodded his head in agreement with what I said and led all of us out of the nursery and down into the kitchen. He must be very eager to get these birthday party festivities underway ASAP! Usually when we both go to wake up Magnolia, we stay in there for a while and get lost in two or three different conversations- perhaps J isn't wasting no time today. Thank goodness!