CH. 50 Tutoring (PART 2.)

By the end of the week, my grade in math was already up to a B.

Spencer and I met up everyday after school, heading over to Kustard Kones to study for an hour or two.

He bought my ice cream every time.

It was sweet, but I figured it was to make up for the fact he disobeyed my orders on Scotty and had him tag along almost every, single time.

That's right. Everyday after school, Austin and Scotty made an appearance.

Sometimes, they didn't even order ice cream. They would just roll in, act as if it were a coincidence that Spencer and I were there, and then sit down with us.

By Friday, things between us felt natural— Even with Scotty.

"Okay," I began, drawing a box around my answer, "It's 72, right?" I asked, looking up at Spencer.

Spencer grinned down at my paper, shifting it over to himself.

His eyes flickered back and forth, "Yes ma'am," he said, letting out a low whistle. His eyes darted back to mine, "You're getting better at this."

I gave a smile, grabbing my paper, "All thanks to you."

Spencer wrapped an arm around my shoulders, shaking me back and forth, "Nah, nah. Give yourself some credit, Violet. You're the one who put in the work. I just simply pushed you in the right direction."

I turned my head to him, "Well, thank you. I needed a little push," I admitted.

Spencer squeezed my shoulders in a side hug, "I'm happy to help," He smirked.

Just then, the bell chimed to the parlor and I looked up with a grin, knowing who it would be.

Spencer and I both watched as Austin and Scotty walked in for the 5th time this week.

Austin drug a hand through his floppy hair, sweeping it perfectly to the side as he placed a backwards hat on his head.

Scotty tucked his hands into his pockets, shoulders setting back with ease— he pursed his lips, those adorable dimples on display for everyone to ogle at.

The Sophomore Boys had a type of swagger to them.

Even in those supposed-to-be dorky Baton Academy uniforms, they looked like Greek gods.

From the way they walked, to the way they talked.

It was in everything they did. They were just... well, cool.

It was no shock their looks played a large role in their popularity. Not to mention their goofy and charismatic personalities.

Austin and Scotty's eyes met mine, and I shot up a hand to wave.

Scotty raised a hand in return, his eyes then floating over to Spencer's arm around me.

Scotty's eyes narrowed, and I immediately felt Spencer's arm lift off of me.

I tried to hide the smile that spread across my face.

From how Scotty reacted to the way his friends treated me, I was getting the impression that he was more territorial than I had originally thought.

It was funny, though.

We weren't dating. In fact, Scotty was the one who hadn't wanted to.

We vowed to stick to friends.

But, now that I look at it— it didn't seem that friends to him excluded some other benefits.