CH. 36 Crossed

I trailed behind Scotty back into the living room, wiping away the few stray tears that stained my cheeks.

An anger burned deep within my bones, resenting Matteo for everything he had put me through.

He ruined my life.

An evil thought arose from my self conscious.

Take your life back, she urged.

I grit my teeth, now stepping away from Scotty and rushing over to the bar table.

I had to get out of my mind.

Take my life back.

I had to escape this feeling, and I knew just how to do that.

"Violet?" Scotty said, turning around to see I was no longer behind him.

I stared at the bar table with determination.

I'm taking my life back.

I picked up an opened bottle of vodka, staring at it for a few seconds before attaching my lips to it and tilting it upwards.

I chugged, consuming an immense amount of the vile substance with ease.

This would help.

Someone came up from behind me, patting my back.

"Alright! You go girl!" I recognized Quinn's high-pitch voice squealing at me.

I tore the bottle away from my mouth for a breather, but her manicured fingers pushed it back up to my lips, "C'mon now, if you're gonna chug— you better take it like a champ," She encouraged me more.

The liquid burned, but the embarrassment from my freak-out with Scotty burned even worse— encouraging me to keep drinking until I washed the memory away.

Spencer suddenly came up from beside Quinn, staring in shock as he watched me.

I put down the bottle and Spencer cheered, "Now this is a party!" He laughed. He instantly reached his hand out to me, signaling that he wanted to join the fun.

I gave a bitter smile, handing the bottle to him and watching as he took a large swig from it.

The bottle was half empty by now and he shook it eagerly, "Let's finish this fucker," He smirked, taking another swig.

Quinn cheered in approval, touching all over Spencer's body giddily.

Once he finished, he handed the bottle to her, but instead of taking some for herself, she handed it back to me with a sneaky smirk.

"Let's see if the fishy can prove herself," Quinn giggled, motioning for me to drink, "Finish it," She dared.

My lips wobbled up into a wasted smirk.

I proceeded to try and finish off the bottle, swallowing in large gulps.

I wanted to feel nothing.

Quinn held the bottle upwards for me, forcing me to keep drinking even as my gag reflex fought against my poor decisions.

"Quinn!" I heard someone shout as she was pulled away from me.

I coughed violently, my mouth finally separating from the bottle.

I looked up to make direct eye contact with Scotty just as a trickle of vodka ran down from my lips.

He shook his head at me, now directing his gaze accusingly to Quinn.

"Don't pressure her," He hissed angrily.