CH. 29 Code Blue (PART 1.)

** TRIGGER WARNING ** In these next two chapters, I chose to explore more mature topics that may be sensitive to some. Please, read at your own comfortability! And, if you'd like to still read this chapter but are unsure, feel free to skip over parts that you don't like // make you uneasy :) Hope y'all enjoy!

TOPICS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO...
-Sexual assault// harassment
-Substance abuse
-Violence

I'd also like to thank all of my readers and supporters in advance for all of your amazing ideas for this chapter!

I'd exclusively like to thank @Drama_Queen5345 as I took a large part of the idea she suggested and incorporated it into my work! Good ideas girl!

I'd also like to thank the countless amount of y'all who requested the (much needed) vulnerability from Violet! That will also be not only a large roll in this chapter, but in many chapters to come!

As for the sibling bonding moments requested, I refrained from using them in this chapter; only due to that fact that they will fit a lot better in upcoming chapters. But once again, thank you to all of y'all who commented they'd like that as well!

ALL IN ALL, ENJOY THESE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS DESIGNED BY YOU !!
_______________________________

As I got upstairs, I went back to Flynn's room; walking over to his drawer and placing the bottle of pills back in.

Images of Chase asleep flashed in my head and I felt an immediate pang of guilt clench my heart in its hands.

I sighed to myself, pulling my cardigan tightly around me.

I'm so sorry.

I turned around, walking out of Flynn's room, closing the door tightly behind me.

I then walked down the hallway to Chase's room.

Escape time.

I opened the door, making my way to his bathroom.

As I got in there, I stopped. Turning to my right to look at myself through the mirror.

A girl I didn't know stared back at me.

She had long brown hair that fell just below her shoulders. Messy and manipulative

Her hazel eyes were clouded with uncertainty. Dull and deceiving.

She was still in her school uniform; plaid skirt, collared shirt, and a thin cardigan. Young and yellow-bellied.

Who was that girl? Who looked so innocent, but played so cruel?

Who was this girl who was manipulative, deceiving, and yellow-bellied?

This girl was not me.

I clenched my eyes shut, begging for the self-loathing to stop.

I had to do this, there was no way around it.

No loopholes this time.

I reopened my eyes, going to step up on Chase's toilet seat.

I unlatched the skylight, opening it up and pulling myself through.

I stood up on the roof, closing the skylight behind me.

The sky was dark, the stars alert and awake.

I puttered across the roof, going over to the side of the roof where we kept our ladder.

As I got the the ledge, I looked down the side of our house— seeing no ladder present.