CH. 26 Is It Too Late To Apologize?

Not too long later, we arrived at the tall frat house, both staring up at us facade in anticipation.

Lance swung his car around the side, parking across the street and releasing his keys from the ignition.

I heard him inhale deeply, beginning to tap his thumbs on the steering wheel; as if he was building up the courage to admit his wrongful deeds.

Hell, even I had no idea how I was going to do this.

How do you even apologize to someone for something like this?

Lance then unbuckled his seat, violently throwing the door open and muttering some not so kind words.

I pressed my lips into a thin line.

Well, here goes nothing.

I followed Lance, stepping out of the car as well, and following him up the walkway to the frat house.

We reached the door and Lance solemnly rose his hand, ringing the doorbell.

I held my breath, hearing the sound of footsteps echo from within the house.

The door swung open with none other than Evan standing in the doorway.

Oh my god, Evan.

Memories of last night flooded my mind; him barging in on my make out with Wyatt, him confronting me and scaring the shit out of me, and then me taking his phone like the child I am and running through the frat house in a daze.

God, I really do embarrass myself all the damn time.

His hair was gelled to the side, a knowing expression sewn onto his face.

He greeted Lance and they both stuck their hands out for some sort of cult hand shake I had noticed some of the frat guys doing last night... after all, I guess Lance did know it— considering he's apparently joining their frat this year anyways.

Evan's eyes then landed on me, his jaw now tightening up, a grimace making its way onto his face.

I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, "Hi," I said sheepishly, crossing my arms in front of my body.

Evan gave me a closed mouth smile, "Before I let you in," He said motioning to me, "I just want you to know this is the last time you'll ever be coming in here," He said seriously, grinding his teeth.

Well that was very straight forward.

I swallowed the lump in the back of my throat, "Okay," I answered quietly, looking down at my feet.

"Good girl," Evan addressed, now looking back to Lance.

Ew.

I crinkled my nose at Evan's comment, but soon felt a jab to my ribs.

I flinched, looking at Lance who shot me a warning look.

Asshole.

I quickly wiped away my disgusted look, straightening up and giving an Evan a forced smile, to which he beamed and turned around-inviting us inside the house.

"He's upstairs in his room, third one to the left," Evan instructed Lance, patting him on the back as he made his way to a different room, "Good luck, Lancelot," Evan snickered to Lance.

Lance rolled his eyes, "Sta 'zitto," He commanded Evan to shut up, pushing his arm playfully as Evan scurried to the other room.

"Mai," Evan retaliated with a never.