CH. 25 Discussions

After I cleaned my face off, we all said our goodbyes to Arthur— him telling us to come back soon, we began to walk to the car with our ice creams in hand.

I walked towards the front seat, opening the car door- only to have a hand harshly close it once again.

I turned around confusedly to see Scotty standing behind me, one arm on the car door, another holding his ice cream.

He stood calmly, giving me a slight smirk as he licked away at his ice cream.

"Uhm? Scotty? Whatcha doin'?" I asked as I tried to pull on the handle again, only to have Scotty move closer to me; not allowing the door to budge.

"I get shotgun," He said with a click of his tongue, looking me up and down like dead meat.

I scoffed, backing away from the door and crossing my arms.

"No!" Austin interjected from the other side, peeping his head around the car, "Let Violet have the front Scotty," He lectured, giving Scotty a pestered look.

Scotty glared at Austin who was inside the car already, "I'm doing her a favor," He rolled his eyes playfully, "You'd probably try and make a move on her if she's in the front any longer," Scotty bit at Austin jokingly, waving his fingers around, "If you know what I mean," He made an inappropriate hand gesture, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

Austin gasped, offendedly placing a hand on his chest, "Who, me? I would never!" He wailed.

Uhm, if I do recall- didn't he literally do that within 5 minutes of me being in his car earlier?

At this, I glared at Austin through the glass, giving him a knowing stare.

Austin caught my gaze and smiled guiltily, biting his lip. He childishly giggled and pursed his lips, "Okay, maybe you're right," He admitted to the two of us.

Scotty rolled his eyes at Austin, leaning off of the door and walking me to the backseat- opening the car door for me and gesturing for me to get in, "Here, now you can be safe from the unwanted attention The Dunn constantly supplies," He joked, causing Austin to look back at us and glare at him.

I giggled, "Thanks for addressing my well being," I joked as I slid into the back seat.

Scotty smirked, "Always," He winked as he shut the door for me.

A bubbly feeling erupted in my stomach.

Butterflies.

I smiled to myself as Scotty got into the front seat, and him and Austin began conversing; Austin trying to prove that he doesn't just use every girl that he can get to talk to him, and Scotty naming all the incidents where exactly that happened.

I continued to lick slowly at my ice cream, enjoying it's weird, but delicious flavor.

A few minutes later, I could see my house come into view, all my brothers cars in the driveway.

Oh shit. I'm going to be in so much trouble.

I glanced over at the clock that read 6:34.

Yep... definitely dead.

I could feel my heart rate increase as Austin pulled into my driveway, stopping to let me out.

"Alright Violet, you're home!" He yelled, turning around to give me a cheeky smile.

"Ya, and only 2 hours later at that," I smiled sarcastically at Austin, seeing as I should've been home around 4:30.

He smirked, "Hey, you get what you get," He shrugged.