Shortage (Makorra)

Summary: When a short power outage leaves Korra and Mako's apartment cold for the night, they find ways to keep warm.
(Not smutty.)

A/N: gave up on that cruise thing btw...but I will return to it eventually ^_^'
____________________________

Korra arrived home to a freezing floor and her boyfriend heating up a kettle, and bundled in a sweater. The Avatar felt a telltale shiver hit her spine, and she padded over to him.

"What's going on?" Korra asked, observing the several lit candles around the rooms.

"The central station generators froze over, and now our entire street along with East Dragon Flats' are stuck in the cold." Mako replied, impatiently waiting for the water to come to a boil due to his weakened, shaky hands.

Smiling, she placed her palms over his, focusing heat with him. "As long as you keep me warm," She giggled quietly.

Mako rolled his eyes at his girlfriend and placed a loving kiss on her cheek before finally feeling the surface of the kettle, bold against his hands.

"Tea or hot chocolate?" Mako quirked a grin as her eyes lit up at the last option.

"Hot chocolate!" She grinned breathlessly. The beverage was not as common as tea or coffee, and it had been recently gaining popularity. Korra, who grew up with tea being a normal part of life, had been obsessing over the new chocolate flavoured drink.

Mako gestured to their couch. "I've prepared some blankets for you. I figured it'd be warmer out here than in our room."

Korra smiled. Although evening was drawing through and cast a darker shadow on their already dim apartment, the candles gave off a sweet setting. Mako noticed the goosebumps that formed on her skin. Comfortingly, he rubbed her arms. "Cold?"

Korra nodded frantically. She hasn't experienced such chill in years, as she adapted to the city life, a cycle of changing seasons.

"A-And Pema's still washing my load of clothes." Korra murmured.

Moving immediately, Korra watched her boyfriend up with interest as he dug through their closet, pulling out a sweater. It looked thick, and long.

"Thanks." Korra kissed his chin before slipping it on, sighing in relief. The sleeves came over her hands, and her fingers were peeking out. Mako, who finished stirring her hot drink handed the mug to her, while he had his own mug of tea.

Sipping her drink, she closed her eyes as she sat down on their couch. Mako wrapped the blanket around her while she tried yo share some to her lover.

"Hey...I don't mind the cold...it's not that chilly here, isn't it?" Mako remarked. "Unless it's because you're so close to me," He teased.

Korra blushed, taking another swig of her drink, not caring if the hot liquid scalded her throat. "I like cuddling with you, deal with it."

The room was dark, almost pitch black, save for a few candles. It was silent, with the occasional sips and shuffling within the blanket.

And not minding the cold, the couple succumbed to sleep, wrapped up in each other's arms and sock-covered feet peeking out from under the blanket.

Korra had finished her hot chocolate a long time ago, and Mako had been the first one to doze off. Snickering, she kissed the corner of his mouth affectionately, before nuzzling her face against his collarbone.

The cold wasn't a problem for her, and it certainly had its benefits.

__________________________

A/N: well! This cute fluffy gross thing lol
But cmon
Who DOESNT think makorra cuddling is adorable
They r always adorable
Deal with it ;)

~animerei:3