Make-Up (Korrasami Friendship)

Summary: Korra flees to Asami for help...
__________________

"So you have never put makeup on before?" Asami raised a groomed eyebrow.

Korra frantically shook her head. "Never! And I can't go to Kwong's looking like this! Mako will be embarrassed!"

Asami rolled her eyes, sitting her friend down on her chair. "Relax. You're getting too worked up."

Korra frowned at herself in the lit vanity mirror, and then at the several tools and supplies laid out nearly all over the table.

"It depends, though. You don't want the makeup too thick, right?"

"I don't wanna look fake," Korra pouted.

Asami laughed. "Alright. But first...want me to do your hair?"

Korra felt her hair. It was short. It was straight. "There's nothing much you can do with this hair..."

"Of course there is!" Asami said with a submissive wave of her hand. "Leave all the work to me."

Korra uncomfortably looked at herself in the mirror. Asami took note of this and walked over to her closet, pulling out a white towel. "Nope, none of that," Asami draped the towel over the mirror, obstructing Korra's view in the mirror.

"I'm not gonna do a makeover and have you staring at yourself. You're gonna look beautiful," Asami smiled.

Korra nodded, uneasily letting Asami wet her hair.

She combed gently through her short locks, and Korra felt something sticking to her hair. Asami was rolling up her curlers, as she bunched up Korra's rolled hair.

"C-Curly hair?" Korra spluttered. Her hair was certainly too short for such a style.

"More like wavy." Asami replied. "Now stop worrying about it,"

Asami walked in front of Korra, clipping her bangs back and pressing her palms against Korra's cheeks. "You're skin seems to be fine...no need for extra moisturizing..."

"Hey, you are not putting anything weird on my face," Korra pouted.

Asami reached for a brush and some powder. "Don't worry, I said."

She swirled the brush in the skin-coloured powder, before tapping the excess of. Korra felt suffocated.

Carefully, Asami buffed a light layer on Korra's skin. She was expecting the foundation to feel unnatural and dry against her skin, but it felt as if it wasn't even there.

Asami hummed as she dug through more supplies. In her hand was a dark pencil, and she reached for Korra's eyelids. She attempted to tug her bottom one down, but Korra swatted it away. "Are you trying to poke me in the eye or something?"

Asami shook her head. "Nope. This is eyeliner. Now if you sit still, I can put it on without any harm to you."

Korra's eyes warily followed the dark tool, and she tried her hardest not to blink.

"There, that wasn't so bad." Asami said. "It really brings out your eyes."

Korra felt a grin form on her face.

She took a palette and brushed some-was it eyeshadow?-on her eyelids, and the corners of her eyes.

"I used different shades for you, so it doesn't look one-toned."

"Oh gosh, don't tell me my eyes are packed with this stuff."

"Nope, not at all. Just a light application."

Korra sighed. "It's hard to remember all this makeup stuff."

Asami laughed as she pulled out a new tube of lipstick. "You get used to it,"

Korra let Asami smear some light coloured lipstick on her lips. 'Ew, it feels all sticky,'

Asami gently cleaned up any smudges on her face. "Oh, you should be ready to see yourself!" She clapped her hands. "But, I need to fix up your hair."

She took the curlers off, and Korra could feel the soft waves against her cheeks. Asami took strands of her bangs and pinned them back. "I used to to this with my hair. Remember, Korra?"

Korra laughed. "It suits you better, I bet."

Asami selected a larger can from her vanity and sprayed a fine mist all over Korra's hair, and she spluttered at the strong scent.

"Sorry. I needed to put some hairspray so the look doesn't falter."

Korra felt her hair. It was so much more lighter than her simple, regular hair.

Asami slipped on a golden bracelet on her friend's wrist before approaching the mirror.

"Are you ready, Korra?" Asami grinned.

Korra gripped the chair. "Ready."

Unveiling the mirror, Korra's eyes widened at the woman in front of her. She was gorgeous, her skin flawless, her eyes accentuated, her lips defined....
And her hair, it framed her face and elegantly arranged in waves and ringlets.

Korra smiled, and she truly felt confident.

She stood, and hugged her friend. "Thanks so much Asami," Korra murmured.

Asami patted Korra on the back. "No problem. Now...wanna pick out a dress?"

~

Mako nearly dropped his bouquet of blue ice lillies as Korra shyly stepped out, with a proud Asami in the background.

"Korra," Mako blushed. She looked like a goddess.

"Mako," Korra mimicked, carefully walking to him in her dress.

She hugged him, before kissing him quickly.

Mako gulped.

"Who-You're stunning," Mako blurted out.

Asami held back a giggle.

Korra blushed, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank you. Asami helped,"

Mako smile lovingly at Korra before taking her hand. "Shall we?"

Korra chuckled. "We shall."

As they proceeded to leave, Korra waved good bye to Asami while Mako shot a quick glance at the Sato girl.

He wrapped an arm around his girlfriend's waist, and they made their way off into the evening.

'I gotta make sure I thank Asami for this,' he thought, as Korra squeezed his hand and flashed a heart-melting grin at him.

__________________

A/N: no i do not ship Korrasami, but i can totally picture them being the best of friends ^_^

And I can imagine Asami helping Korra out for a date with Mako and eeeeeeee

Enjoy my beautiful readers ;)

~animerei:3