Korra Can't Cook (Makorra)

"Mako!" Korra waved a spatula at him once he arrived home.

"Hey, sweetie. What are you up to?" Mako smiled.

Korra grinned proudly. "I'm cooking, for you."

Mako just kept his smile frozen while he tried to make his gulp of anxiety not obvious.

Korra didn't know how to cook, nor had he known she was even interested in the hobby.

But, everything sounded normal, the sound of something frying, something flipping, something boiling, something chopping.

"Wait at the table." Korra pointed at their dining table as she dumped the food on the plates.

They looked normal. Just regular dumplings.

Korra untied the apron from her waist and smiled as he tried it.

Mako's tongue immediately burned and he was well aware his face contorted into something not satisfactory.

He shuddered at the cold, rough and burnt taste of the dumplings. Did she even boil them properly?

They were particularly greasy, so he had a hunch she boiled them in oil.

"How was it?" Korra asked eagerly, eyes shining.

Mako swallowed hard, almost gagging. "Uhm..."

"Be honest, since you cook me good food all the time I wanted to at least return the favour," a blush grew on her face, grin growing wider as she waited in anticipation.

Damn her, for being so sweet at a time like this.

"I-It's good," Mako lied, voice unusually high. Shit.

Mako almost slapped himself for lying to her when she lit her face up twofold.

"Yay," she clapped, teeth shining.

Korra watched as he forced another in his mouth, and he nodded to show her how 'good' it tasted and how he 'loved' eating her food.

She was innocently making him food, and she was so freaking proud of herself; Mako almost choked.

"I was worried you wouldn't like it," she continued, causing him to nearly reply, 'I don't like it.'

But, being the nice loyal boyfriend to Korra, Mako smiled along with her, and tried to think that her food wasn't so bad.

And so, it tasted the slightest bit better.

Later, Mako managed to gulp down 3 dumplings out of the 8 she had made, and Korra went along with his lie, "I'm full anyway."

So she slid it into their fridge for leftovers.

"Thank you, baby," Korra hugged Mako. "I'm glad you liked the food,"

Mako smiled, thoughts leaving the horrific dinner he'd eaten moments ago.

He nuzzled her nose with his, and she giggled. "Thank you for making me dinner,"

She kissed him shortly on the lips before leading him to their room. "I'm gonna shower, okay? I'll let you know when I'm done."

"Okay," he replied.

Once he heard the shower start behind the doors of their washroom, Mako ran and took out the plate of dumplings.

"I love you Korra, but this shouldn't be classified as food," he winced to himself as he wrapped them all in crumpled paper towel and threw them in the trash, burying them under all the other rubbish.

~

Mako had his arm around Korra's waist, as she absentmindedly drew tiny circles on his bare chest while they lay in their comfortable whte mattress.

"Mako? Where were the leftovers?"

"I ate them while you showered, turns out I kinda wanted more after all." Mako fibbed. He hated himself right now, as he tried not to crush the newspaper they were reading in his hands.

Korra kissed his neck softly before resting her head around his shoulder again. "Aw, I feel really nice now," she chuckled to herself.

Mako just hummed along with her. "From now on, after you made this...wonderful...dinner, I'm gonna cook you better meals every day."

Much to his relief, she agreed. "Yeah, cooking was kind of hard. But if its for you, I would do it."

He kissed her forehead as she yawned. "You don't need to work yourself up."

"Okay." She mumbled. "I love you,"

"I love you too." Mako smiled and placed the newspaper on their side table before turning off their lamp.

At least he'd gotten the cooking role under his position again.

_________________________

A/N: tired admin is tired -_-'

Next up should be a Kainora oneshot even tho i dont ship it much ^_^