Boys Are Stupid (Makorra Family)

A/N: for those of you who wanted a second son/daughter for Mako and Korra will have to wait ._.'
I want to give the new member of the family an introduction he/she deserves, which is why I'm making one more oneshot with Michiko as an only child ^_^ btw...idk if they should call Korra and mako "Mom/Dad, Mommy/Daddy, or Mama/Papa" Lolz. I'm using Mama for now..

___________

"I'm home."

"Welcome home, Michi! How was school?" Her mother greeted. "You were a bit late coming home today..."

Michiko peered into the family room, where her mom was sorting through a stack of envelopes and papers. She was always up to something, and Michiko had an urge of fleeing to her room, so she would not be a nuisance to her mom.

But when the older woman smiled brightly and beckoned her over, she felt her sock-covered feet race to her. "It was alright, I guess..."

Korra frowned. "Alright? I guess? You're starting to sound like your dad when he comes home from work," She chuckled dryly.

Michiko wistfully let her dark goldenrod eyes trail to the side. "It's just...why do boys have to be so weird...and witty..."

Korra smirked at her daughter. "Are you talking about Shen and Lee?" (Shen is Asami's son, Lee is Bolin's)

She blushed significantly. She was acting tough again. Korra had to praise the eight year old for resembling her dad so well.

"They were being jerks, bugging the whole class during a lesson. And when it was free time, Shen knocked a chair over and it landed on my foot. Then Lee tripped me and I almost fell on Jin. They didn't even apologize-" (Jin is Bolin's daughter)

Korra interjected. "What about On Ji? Did she do anything when this happened?" (On Ji is Asami's daughter)

"They made her cry. And I was yelled at by the teacher 'cuz I fire bent at Shen and his annoying green eyes," Michiko twiddled her thumbs. "Seriously, how come he inherited Aunt Asami's eyes-"

'Was I like this when I was a kid?' Korra fought back a smile, and it came out as a nervous wince. 'My own daughter is already made of steel, for spirits sake,'

Putting on her motherly act, Korra cleared her throat and brushed her daughter's shoulder length hair. "Well...your father would have to come up with something for this one...Michi, how many times do I have to tell you, that when this happens, yo-"

"I ignore them because I shouldn't stoop down to their level. I know." She folded her pale arms, guiltily looking down.

"Exactly." Korra grinned, pressing a quick kiss on her forehead. "Now go do whatever you need to do. Your dad's coming home soon so we'll call you when food is served. Oh-and don't think you're off the hook, young lady."

Michiko pouted before slowly making her way into her room.

~

"So let me get this straight-you fire bent in school, when it's clearly stated that bending isn't allowed inside?" Her father raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Michiko murmured, picking at her rice.

Korra leaned back, waiting for Mako's famous lecture to emerge from his thoughts.

"Well done, Michiko!"

Korra's eyes bulged, as her daughter was stunned as well.

"Well done?" Michiko echoed, confused.

"I know what happened, Principal Huan called me, but I missed it and heard it on the voicemail later on." Mako smirked. "And that should teach Bo's meddling kid a lesson-after all, he also went through my uniform closet and stole a pair of handcuffs."

"Mako," Korra felt her mouth twitching with annoyance.

"What? She's been telling us that Lee and Shen were getting on her nerves for a while now. At least she didn't burn anybody," Mako gave a comforting gaze to his worried wife.

"Yeah, but you also could have burnt yourself, sweetie." Korra frowned at her daughter, who sheepishly stared back.

"I can control my fire bending." She reassured her mom.

"But-"

"She can control her fire bending," Mako parroted, causing his spouse to sigh.

"I was just nervous, alright? But please, don't pull something so risky again." She smiled softly at Michiko.

"Yes, mom." Michiko nodded. "But dad told me that you used to do really bad things when you were a teenager,"

Korra jerked her head to her husband, who innocently ate his food. "You what?"

"Hey, that's where she gets her tough personality from," He simply replied.

"Michiko, you're eight! I was seventeen," She said, exasperated.

Michiko smiled. "Mama, I love you guys too much to do something as idiotic as Shen and Lee's antics."

Korra froze, as well as Mako.

Mako looked at Korra and gave her a knowing smile. They both melted her heart in an instant. After all, it was always these simple things that caught her off guard.

"We love you too, Michiko." Korra wanted so badly to leap over the table and catch her family in a flurry of kisses.

'Michiko is also as clever as her father.'

As Michiko finished her food, Mako smiled at handed a cookie to her. "Dessert?

"Yeah!"

Korra grinned to herself as she placed the dishes in the sink, and joined her two loved ones in the family room.

"...and once you get outside, be sure to trip him good, too." Mako snickered, and Michiko giggled. "Papa!"

"My, plotting revenge?" Korra quirked a smile.

"It's not my idea! Papa keeps saying it to me behind your back." Michiko laughed, as Mako made playful attempts to prove her wrong.

"But," Korra trailed on, knowing her intelligent, mischievous daughter had something else to say.

"Boys...they're also really, really stupid."

They all couldn't resist to smile at the quip, huddling in the comforting warmth of their home.

Michiko gazed at her parents. 'Even though boys are a problem, papa is the best...and I would never do anything to hurt my family.'

___________________________________

A/N: So Michiko has Korra's tough and powerful, snarky and loyal personality, but she also has Mako's selflessness and his awkwardness. Oh and his super sneaky smarts
And like her mom and dad, she's a super amazing bender at a young age.
And physical traits, she had dark goldenrod eyes (look it up, it's like Mako's eye colour but browner and a bit darker.) she has Mako's complexion and dark hair, but her eye shape are both mako and Korra....?
And her head/face shape is Korra cuz Mako's face is preeeetty angular.

I HAVE THIS STUPID IDEA WHERE: The Krew are strangers to each other and thrown into a 7-day cruise liner lmao
Should I do it?.

Thanks for reading :D
~animerei:3