Would You Stay (Mako/Makorra)

Based after book 4

~

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" Korra smiled at him.

"Yeah...why didn't you tell me, or Bolin?" Mako questioned, making it as nice as possible.

Korra dropped her gaze. "I...I don't know."

You gave me so much hope Korra.

Mako felt like he needed answers from her, but they were inevitable. She shakily looked back a him before speaking. "I thought we were over this issue."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "it's not really an issue...but you could have told Bolin or me that you were going. We could have went as our group, Team Avatar."

Her eyes go glassy at th mention of the name they created 4 years ago. "I didn't really think it was necessary. Asami was going through a hard time."

I almost died that day. And I would die any day for you, over and over again.

Mako sighed. "We could have comforted her together...Bolin really missed you while you guys were gone."

Korra bit her lip. "I know."

"You know?" Mako spat. "You know that we missed you for three years and now a month more? Korra, do we mean nothing to you?"

She clenched her fists. "Of course not!"

But would it make a difference?

"I'm just stating my opinion. You left, Korra. Bolin and I were worried sick before we found out you vacationed in the Spirit World, while I was stuck here with my burnt arm, which was almost infected."

Korra refrained form raising her voice. "Well, you could have just asked to come!"

"You didn't even bother mentioning this vacation to me and Bolin! Injured or not, we would have loved to come,"

Korra crossed her arms. "I'm sorry Mako. But can't we put this aside and just continue as friends?"

You say I'm just a friend, and I secretly hope that's a lie

"There's no friendship if you suddenly decide to throw your priorities out the window." Mako murmured.

Korra's veins feuled with rage, as she moved to protest. "I was taking a vacation!" She screamed.

But there was so much anger in your eyes, and I couldn't find the love

Mako reached out to clasp her shoulder. "Korra...you know, you'll always be my first priority. I will give my life for anything, any moment with you."

Korra felt her chest tighten. "I..."

"But it didn't seem important to tell me and Bolin your whearabouts." Mako hissed. "Sometimes, you're so stubborn. I still love you, and I said always. But now, I don't know how to percieve you."

Korra flinched as his rough tone.

"Please..." Tears welled up in her eyes at the thought of him hating her. That was the last thing she wanted. "I'm sorry,"

Mako placed a light kiss on her knuckles before letting her go.

"I'm sorry too." His heart pounded.

~

Dear Korra,

You gave me so much hope in life.

You changed my view in lie, giving me tons of inspiration up until now.

I almost died that day. And I would die any day for you, over and over again. But, at this state, would it make a difference?

I know I'm being dramatic, but how can I not?

You say I'm just a friend, and I secretly hope that's a lie.

Whenever I confront you, there's so much anger and hate in your eyes.

That's how I see it. You're tired of me, like everyone else. So I think I needed a well-needed break. Nobody's invited.

I said always, and I will never stop believing in us. But under the circumstances, I couldn't find the love.

So if I needed you now, would you stay?

_______________________________________________________

A/N: no comment about the finale

i will continue the stories but

it will nto be based off canon material anymore

Thank you for being patient :)

~animerei:3