Chapter 9

Ash's PoV

*splash*

My eyes shot open. Cyrus stood over me with a bucket that was obviously filled with water before it was splashed over my head.

"What the hell" I managed to murmur.

"Listen up dude, I ain't saving you again if you're deciding to set everything on fire" he scolded.

"What?"

"What? You just burnt the whole cemetery bruh don't say you don't remember nothing!"

I glanced around. Where there previously were tombs, buildings, ancient trees and graves were now a crumpled mess of ashes.

My father's gonna kill me.

"Did you extinguish the fire alone?"

He shook his head.

"Aiden, you can come out he won't eat you" He said gesturing towards a tall tree.

A spirit in his smokey form glided off a tree.

"This is my best Aiden" Cyrus grinned.

"I'm not you best friend" The smoke said.

"Nevermind, and this" he said gesturing at me "is the guy who set the cemetery on fire, his name is Cash"

"Ash" I glared at him.

"They sound the same" he rolled his eyes.

I scowled at him.

"Don't tell me the Queen sent you" Cyrus asked the other spirit.

Realization hit me like a bullet. Ellie, she's gone and I have no idea where she is. My chest started to feel heavy again, my head started throbbing.

I pushed myself off the ground and got up.

"I need to find Ellina" I said using her full name.

"That's what I'm hear to talk about" Aiden announced.

I frowned. If he says anything about harming Ellie, I swear to myself that I'll kill him here and now.

"Stop staring daggers at me, I'm on your side"

"On our side?" It was Cyrus who spoke this time.

"Eh, Queen thinks I'm a rogue now and she's after me" Aiden said.

"That was the lamest joke of the year" Cyrus rolled his eyes.

"I went through your, eh, files"

"Hahah- hold up. WHAT?" Cyrus's eyes widened.

I just stood their trying not to interrupt their conversation.

"And that smartass Emunah caught me, They're prolly out there looking for us"

I wondered what they're talking about.

"How did I die?" Cyrus blurted out of nowhere.

"That can wait, chop chop, we have to find a hiding place before they find us"

Cyrus pouted.

"They?" I finally interrupted.

"Queen and her spirit slaves, we're out numbered."

I knew I could defeat a whole army again, but I can't rage war against spirits, my father would murder me.

"Come on, I know a hideout" I said summoning my wings.

Black glossy wings protruded from my shoulder blades with a sharp yet sweet pain.

"I suggest going on foot, they'll spot us quickly if we're in air" Aiden said.

Smartass.

"Fine, follow" I said taking my wings back in and breaking into a run.

They followed. Soon we reached the side of the forest covered in vines.

"Can you guys go through these?" I asked pointing towards the vines that possessed thorns that were the size of my hands.

They nodded.

I walked in, the thorns compressed on either sides making way for me.

I was in the middle of the vine and thorn jungle. I knew it had to be here.

I crouched down and whispered the spell my mother had taught me.

The ground beneath me shook for a while, then a small hole appeared on the ground sucking all three of us.

The tunnels had been right beneath us, I thought they were a little forward to the right! Anyways, there's no minding that now.

My feet touched the concrete floor, I heard a thump behind me. I chuckled.

"Did you have to fall on top of me?" Cyrus grumbled.

I snapped my fingers together. The vast underground cabin illuminated revealing a giggling Aiden on top of grunting Cyrus. Surprisingly, Aiden was in his real form.

He had the same silver eyes and hair as Cyrus.

"Get up you two" I scolded them.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the small table in the middle of the hall.

"Now what?" Cyrus said appearing behind me.

"Now, we talk" I said taking a chair.