Chapter 15

Aiden's PoV

I kept staring at the keys that lay on my office table. If I unlock Cyrus's cell, obviously, Queen would find out because I'm the only one under suspicion.

My office door yanked open.

"10 minutes are over" Emunah said storming inside.

She paused eyeing the keys.

"They're right where I left 'em, I guess you want your friend rotting in the dungeons"

"I have another plan, that will save both of us"

"Ooh" She pouted.

"Here's the plan"

~•~

Ash's PoV

I sat in the underground cabin for what felt like hours.

Why are they taking so long?

After imagining a dozen of different scenarios, I finally decided to leave the cabin.

Enormous black wings protruded from my shoulder blades. I stormed out of the tunnel like entrance of the cabin and crossed the vine jungle. I flew over the ashes which were once a prosperous town.

I changed my direction, I had originally decided to go to the pandemonium palace but I'd rather cry alone then listen to my father's bickering. I descended down when I reached the remains of the cemetery.

I sometimes wondered, if I had never met Ellie, what would life be like. I knelt down and grabbed some ashes in my fist.

If only I could set myself on fire, things would've been much better.

"Ash" I heard a familiar voice call.

My heart skipped a beat at the sound of her melodious voice.

"Ellie?" I whispered scanning the area.

Nothing.

I got up and looked behind me to find nobody.

I must've imagined it.

"Ash"

I heard it again, this time it was more of a whisper. If she were actually near I would sense her presence.

Fireworks started to explode all around me.

Spirits.

My mind took a moment to realise the signal, the fireworks were still exploding when from the corner of my eye, I saw her.

My head shot in her direction but I saw nobody. I lifted my hand and raked my finger through my hair.

"Damn it" I tended to yell but all that escaped my lips was merely a whisper.

"Did he just curse?" I small voice said.

"I think he did" another voice.

I looked at the direction where the sound came from. Two creatures, the size of my hand hovered before me. Their wings shimmered.

"He's staring at you Sparkle" purple one said to orange one.

"No he's staring at you" the orange one said pushing the purple one forward.

I watched the fairies with a non-chalant expression.

After hesitating for a while, she spoke "Hi Mr. demon, I'm Shimmer and that's my sister Sparkle, we're here to lead you to Cloudaria"

I could almost see her shrinking.

I rolled my eyes.

"Master Aiden sent us." Sparkle spoke this time.

"Master Aiden?" I raised a brow.

"Whoever releases us becomes are master for half hour" Shimmer spoke.

"Stop bragging Shimmer, chop-chop, we're running out of time" she paused taking her sister's hand and shot upwards yelling "follow"

I did. I flew upwards following them even though I knew I can fly a hundred times faster then them.

They halted and so did I.

"Close you eyes!" Exclaimed the fairies.

I rolled my eyes at the awkwardness of the situation then did as I was asked.

I felt the air around me growing heavier, the brightness increasing, even the warmth increasing.

"You can open them now" Sparkle said.

I opened my eyes and was almost surprised to see that I was surrounded by clouds.

"I'm gonna say it" Shimmer said.

"No way, I'm letting you do it!" Sparkle snapped.

I watched them with zero interest.

"Please let me!" Shimmer pleaded.

"Fine, let's do it together" Sparkle sighed.

Both looked at me and grinned.

"Welcome to Cloudaria!"

~•~

Fairies lmao!! Pls tell me I ain't ruinin the story!