Chapter 14

Aiden's PoV

I was sad. The feeling of betrayal was all over me. I had betrayed the only friend I had. Well, not exactly.

I have a plan and I'm one hundred percent sure it'll work.

I watched as the guards pushed Cyrus to the other side of the castle, to where the dungeons are.

I walked to the main entrance and crossed the cob webbing hallways. Entering the vast hall, I saw Queen beaming at me with her big silver eyes.

"I knew he'd be useful" She trumpeted at Emunah who stood by the throne.

I bowed.

Flashback

The blue crystal that held Cyrus's memories was still on my hands.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I heard a familiar voice call.

I turned around to see Emunah standing by the door.

"I... I came here to put the folder" I lied.

She scanned me head to toe.

"That's not the folder I gave you earlier" she said eyeing the folder in my hand.

She stepped closer.

"Traitor!" She exclaimed.

"No, you're portraying it wrong!" She stormed out of the room before letting me finish.

I ran after her gripping her wrist.

"Please don't do this" I pleaded.

"Traitors deserve to be exiled!" She yelled at me trying to pull her wrist free.

"Please listen" I looked at her with appealing eyes.

We weren't friends but we did get along and I knew she was angry at me.

"Ok, I'm listening" She sighed.

"Thankyou"

"Who's files were those?" She asked.

"I can't tell you." I whispered.

"Then forget that I'll help you!" She rolled her eyes.

"Please" I pleaded again.

She pulled her wrists aggressively. I let her go and she rushed to the vast hall. I followed slowly, hoping that things would be fine.

I watched as Emunah told her what she had encountered. I stood there waiting for what fate has in store for me.

"Call Aiden" Queen commanded.

Without waiting for anyone, I walked and bowed before the Queen.

"Who's files were those?" Queen questioned then started sucking on her lollipop again.

"Cyrus Herrington" I told the truth being well aware of the fact that lying would do no good.

"The rogue?" She said raising a brow.

"Yes your Majesty" I said unapologetically.

"I'm sure you won't find it hard to bring him here would you or do you choose to join him in the dungeons when Emunah catches him, huh?" She cocked her head.

I was taken aback. I didn't want to betray him, but I didn't want to spend a lifetime in a minute cell.

"Yes my Queen" I bowed again.

End of flashback

I bowed at her and she smiled.

"My Queen, I suggest we don't trust him." Emunah said.

"Don't talk when you're not ordered to" Queen snapped at her.

I chuckled inwardly.

"Your highness, may I leave now?" I asked.

"Yeah, I dismiss you" she said waving a tiny hand.

I walked to my office and waited. I had to free Cyrus without getting myself caught and for that I needed aid.

After what felt like some forty minutes, Emunah banged my office door open.

She was clearly pissed off.

She slammed the door shut and perched herself on a chair.

"So, you get to be treated like shit for being so loyal" she slammed her fist against the table almost talking to herself.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Can you believe it? Queen always shuts me up like shit!" She growled.

I chuckled.

Finally.

"Queen never likes anyone genuinely" I stated the fact.

"Bitch" she muttered.

My eyes widened. This was truly uncanny.

"Why are you here by the way?" I asked.

She got up and threw a bunch of keys at me.

"I'll take them back after ten minutes"