Chapter 29

Cyrus's PoV

I saw a stray tear trickle down Ash's face.

"I don't know, she just fell limp, I yelled at you but never got a reply" I lamented.

Tuckin his hand in his pocket, he pulled out the small pendant the wierd girl from earlier, supposedly his mother, had given him.

Putting it on her heart, he squeezed his eyes shut in anticipation.

She didn't budge.

"Fools!" I heard a female voice call, followed by a loud laughter.

"It's useless, She's dead now" I turned my head to face the female ghost.

Smirking once, she passed through the wall.

I heard a loud shriek from the same place where she went.

~○~

Ash's PoV

I pulled the pendant and put it on Ellie's heart, squeezing my eyes shut as an effort to stop myself from breaking down.

I held her tight in one arm, in the other hand I held the pendant, holding it against her chest where her heart was located.

Fools!"

"It's useless, She's dead now"

I hugged Ellie closer, dropping the pendant.

"Come back" I murmured against her chest.

I didn't feel her pulse, her body was lifeless.

I lost the only person I've ever loved.

"Ellie please" I sobbed.

It's all my fault.

Guilt started to bubble up inside my chest. If I had come earlier, I'd probably save her.

It's all my fault.

"What are you doing here?"

"That's not a way to thank someone, manners Cyrus"

"You have no right to tell me that"

More than anything, I wanted the ground to swallow me whole.

"I do! I'm your frikin Queen, I have the right to tell anything to any spirit!"

"Why the hell are you here?"

Ellie please wake up, please come back to me.

"I just killed that frinkin ghost of a frinkin witch, ooh what was her name, yeah, Lara and now I'm here to take what belongs to me"

"You killed her?... wait... here to take what?!"

"Ellie"

My head snapped in their direction, my vision blurred by unshed tears.

I saw Cyrus, and another spirit in it's smoke like form except unlike other spirits, this one glowed.

"No one's taking Ellie!" I yelled shakily.

"She's dead, if you don't know, I've selected her to become a spirit, which is much better then the state she is in at the moment"

Spirit?

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I mean, I WANT HER TO BE A SPIRIT, after all that she's been through, she at least deserves this much"

I thought again.

Indeed, it's better being a spirit then being non-existent.

But, what about me?

Am I gonna burry myself alive like the rest of broke demons?

"You can join her"

"What?"

"I'd love to take you in!" The voice exclaimed.

"Is that even possible?" I asked.

"Tariya knows"

I knew instantly whom she was talking about.

"I bet you still have that gem stone with you, she can give you death if you wish, then I'll be turning you to a spirit, I'll get what I want and you can have your happily ever after"

Right, I can give up my soon to be throne and life for the only person I love. Can I?

"Why do you want her so badly?"

I heard a sigh.

"Back when I was alive..., I had a sister" a pause "Ellie looks exactly like her"

Oh.

I glanced down at Ellie. She looked so beautiful and peaceful.

"Take care of her" I said picking the pendant from the floor, then pulled put the small green gem stone that had been residing in my pocket for a while.

I side clutching the stone in my fist.

Soon, the world swirled.