Chapter 10

Ellie's PoV

"Let's paint your nails, which color would you like, hot pink or baby pink or shocking pink or tea pink or the pink that I'm wearing? Ooh, I think hot pink will look great on you but you can choose too, well, I know I have a great taste so let me select, what do you say?" Chatter box aka Pheona said gesturing at the nail paint containers in all shades of pink which lay neatly on a table.

"As you wish" I said flatly.

Being away from Ash sucks.

I hadn't noticed how fond I've grown of him since the last two months. I couldn't see or talk to him but still his mere presence made me feel secure, complete.

Sometimes I wondered what mom would think. I wonder what would my friends' parents would think. Bella, Simon, Claire, I missed all of them, sometimes it feels like they died because of me.

"Pop that bubble and pay attention" Pheona scolded.

"What do you think happened to them" I said absentmindedly.

"Whom?"

"My friends"

I was well aware that she didn't know who my friends were and what happened to them.

"Those that Zach and Lara murdered?"

My eyes widened.

"How do you know?"

"I selected two of them to become spirits"

"What?"

"Yeah, being the Queen, I can choose whoever's I want as a spirit" She said proudly.

"Who did you select?"

"Simon and Emunah"

"Who's Emunah?"

"Wasn't she one of your friends?" She looked confused.

"No, my friends were Claire, Simon and Bella, Zach was a dick" even the mention of his name made my nostrils flare with rage.

"It isn't his fault, Lara had him under control"

"What?"

"Yeah, Lara was a witch, some 4 to 5 hundred years old, ooh, now I remember, Zach and Emunah had been to a trip to those woods before he took you, Zach was attacked by a demon, Emunah had ran off straight to Lara's cottage, Lara had healed Zach and tricked him into killing Emunah, then he had brought you there for Lara to kill you guys" She speculated.

"What?"

My head wasn't processing the information, Emunah, the name didn't ring any bells.

"Now, don't tell anyone, these things are top secret, kapeesh?

I nodded.

"Now, I gotta go, I'll check you out later" she said vanishing.

For the next few hours, I kept lottering around the realm of my mind and kept thinking.

Flashback

I wanted to cyr. This shit was too much to take. My friends are dead, I'm on my death bed and my boyfriend has betrayed me.

"Why?" My voice shook.

How can he murder his own friends?

"Well, I don't really like explanations but I'll give you this one" he said baring his teeth at me.

Wait. Are those fangs?

My eyes widened.

"Don't need to freak out, I'm not gonna eat you. Well... Not just yet" He smirked.

"What...why...how.." were all that escaped my lips, I was all tears now.

"What? Yeah I'm a vampire and yeah, I'm gonna rule over these ghosts." He laughed then continued "ok just because I hate you the most, I'm gonna tell you the whole story, I visited this town last month, sadly I was chased by some stupid demons, this beautiful young lady here" be said gesturing towards Lara "is the one who saved my life but at one cost... she had to turn me to a semi vampire just so I could survive" he finished.

"Why did you bring us here?" I shrieked.

"Well... I had to do 5 sacrifices to get well..." be thought for a while then replied "to get control of all these ghosts. I have some ghosts under control, but after killing you I'll have hundreds" he grinned.

End of flashback

Realization hit me, Zach had mentioned he had to do five sacrifices, Bella, Simon,Claire and I. I had never thought who the fifth person was.

It was dark now, the night had finally arrived.

Hold up.

It's always day time here, since the last two months I have been in this state, night never replaced day.

I ran back inside the castle. I stormed to my roomand locked the door. I jumped when I heard a voice behind me.

"Babe" I turned to see him grinning.