Chapter 27

Ash's PoV

Without thinking for a mere moment, I crossed the room in a second, strangling the stranger.

"How dare you touch her" I hissed.

"Please, she has possessed both of us, I've got no control over my body" he said shakily.

My eyes widened.

In the heat of the moment, I hadn't even given a thought to Ellie's condition.

I dumped the guy and glanced back at the couch where Ellie sat.

Her face was void of emotions.

When I walked close, she rose to her feet.

"He's like, I'm not possessed by anyone, he kidnapped me the other day and... and-" she burst into tears.

"Please, kill him and take me home" she wrapped her arms around my torso.

I glanced down at her, the boy was legit. Ellie's body was still colorless. It still lacked the warmth of life.

"Give her back to me and I'll make sure I won't punish you as badly as I want" I whispered in her ear.

Her grip on me loosened, she took a couple of steps back.

"Hmmm" she smirked.

I swear on my life, I would've ripped her throat off if she wasn't possessing Ellie.

But, the real question is, who the hell is she?

"Who are you?" I questioned trying to remain calm.

"Did you really not recognize me?" She cocked her head.

That demeanor, no it can't-

"Lara?" Cyrus spoke up behind me.

She gave off an unhysterical laugh.

"Shit! Ash, I feel spirits" Cyrus closed the distance between us.

I bit the insides of my cheeks.

I squeezed my eyes shut, I've had enough.

I could feel the ground beneath me tremble.

~○~

Cyrus's PoV

"Ash, are you ok?" I asked.

He didn't move, the veins on his body glowed an unnatural red.

The ground shook once, then again.

"Ash!" I practically yelled.

Before I could process, spirit appeared from all four sides, coming through the walls.

I scanned around, dread washed over me.

We're dead.

I glanced back at the guy, I knew I recognized him. He was the werewolf I had encountered in thr woods, the same werewolf that I had encountered years ago, the same guy I had scared the when I stepped foot on earth.

I couldn't help but feel bad for him, wondering how he got himself caught up in all shit.

The spirits surrounded us, Ellie, or I'd rather say Lara, was sitting calmly on the couch as if nothing were happening.

The werewolf stayed as silent and still as a mannequin, his pursed lips and furrowed brows were the only sign of emotion.

Ash, stood with his eyes shut, his body trembled, his hands were tightened into fists.

All the while I, couldn't ignore the peculiar feeling in my chest.

"Ash, please wake up" I murmured, almost to mysel.

As if listening to my plea, Ash's eyes shot open, enormous ablazed wings protruded from his shoulder blades, he lifted his arms, his hands suddenly illuminating.

The ground caught on fire, initiating from Ash's feet. He turned towards the spirits, setting them on fire one by one.

"Damien" I heard Ellie's voice.

Turning my head, I saw the werewolf walking towards Ellie.

"Take care of the body while I'm gone" with that, her eyes shut, her body relaxed against the couch.