~15~

"Ready to go?" Kiara asked Timothée as he stood next to her old Wrangler jeep.

"Um.. Yeah, yes.. Let's go!" he replied and got in the vehicle.

"Thank you so much for doing this! You know it's way easier to rehearse when you have somebody to do the dialogues with..!!! I'm so excited!" the girl said and gave Timothée a big smile.

"Yeah no problem, I'm happy to help! I know you really love being in the plays and you obviously want to put a lot of effort into it! I appreciate that!" he quickly looked away.

"Yeah plus I've always thought you're super cool! So it's nice we'll finally spend some time together! So rad!" she exclaimed.

"Oh.. Thanks! You're awesome.. I mean you're cool too! That's what I mean!" the boy scratched his nape.

"Thank you Tim!" she giggled as she parked her car in front of her house.

"Yes.. Don't mention it!"

"Okay, let's go straight to my room, we need a quiet place!... Are you coming?" she asked when she noticed him standing still on the pavement.

"Sure!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I stare at you and I see a meadow full of blooming flowers... So many colors and so much life. And oh Lord, there's nothing better than life when it's with you..!" Timothée looked at the girl in front of him.

"Henry..." the girl whispered with passion. She pulled him close by his t-shirt and made their lips connect.
Timothée stayed there for some seconds but then pulled away.

"Eeemmm..." he said in panic.

"It's in the script.... I'm sorry.. Omg! I am not trying to cause you any trouble.... It just happened..." she sighed.

"Um... I think I have to go now.. So... Excuse me!" he nervously spoke and collected his stuff.

"See you at school!" the girl shouted, when her door closed she groaned loudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anya was sitting in her backyard watching her little brother playing with the family dog, when her phone started ringing and she looked at the screen full of hope. She was missing her friends, but they hadn't tried to contact her. Timothée's name on the screen made her feel a little better.

"Hi." she said as soon as she accepted the call.

"Anya.. Hello... Okay... Something happened.. I am sorry. I have to tell you now, cause I don't want you to-"

"Are you okay?" Anya cut him off. He sounded nervous.

"No.. I mean yes I'm okay... But listen! I was at Kiara's, and we played the meadow scene.. And well.. She kissed me.. I'm telling you this because I don't want anyone else to find out before you.. It might happen.. And I wouldn't want the kids at school to say I cheated on you, or something.. I don't want your reputation to be ruined, I'm not Ryan."

"Oh....... What am I supposed to do with that information?..." the girl tried to sound fine. But in reality she was far from fine.

"I... I don't know... I'm sorry.. I pulled away and everything... Even though we're not together, just to protect you.. But you never know.. If somehow the kids at school find out, if Kiara tells somebody....... Go ahead and tell everyone you cheated on me, so I did that to take revenge on you, I don't know.."

"Just to protect me!.. Oh my God.. I'm sorry I made you pretend you're my boyfriend.. If it wasn't for me you two would have been together.. It's obvious you two like each other. So I'll just tell everyone we broke up... Don't worry about it!" she said in an emotionless way.

"Are you... Are you sure about that? Don't you think it's better to have somebody now that the kids at school are giving you a hard time? I can keep pretending if you want me to..." he spoke feeling unsure.

"No.. I don't want you to pretend anymore! And I don't really need anybody... I'm Anya Davis." she brought her walls up in a blink of an eye.

"If you say so.. I don't mean to annoy you.. But I think it's better to give you back the stuff you got for me, since we won't be a fake girlfriend, boyfriend thing anymore.. It feels right."

"No you can keep it.. Looks like Kiara likes you in it. Everyone likes you now.. So yeah." Anya sighed quietly.

"Um.."

"Well... Bye!" the girl blurted out.

"Can we.. Can we like still talk to each other?" the boy quickly asked.

"We are not friends Timothée.. We weren't.. And we'll never be.." the girl exclaimed. Of course she didn't want to be just a friend of his. She didn't want to have to deal with being near him, but so far away at the same time.  So she had to keep her distance, it was the only way to forget about his goofiness and charm.

"Well... I'd still like to talk every now and then.. You're one of the few people I like.." he quietly spoke.

"Thank you for saying that.. Everybody likes me, or at least everybody liked me back when you first met me... And now thanks to you everybody hates me... So I think it's better to keep our distance... I wanna go back to being me..... I don't want to be in the band and I don't want to wear your silly costumes... I don't want to be around theater geeks.. I want the popular kids to like me again." Anya said, even though she didn't really mean any of these. She liked being in the band, even though she had only worn the costume once. It was fun and cool. She liked being on the stage, portraying a fictional character, she really did... But she had to leave everything behind with him.

"Well.. In that case... Have fun being the famous Anya Davis.." Timothée exclaimed and breathed heavily.

"Bye." the queen bee said quietly and hung up. She quickly wiped her watery eyes and went inside, she needed to pull herself together.