~34~

A week full of rehearsals and preparation passed by, and the performance date was almost there.
The costumes were ready, everyone already knew their lines and everything seemed great.

Timothée and Kiara were spending even less time together, but he was finally ready to talk to her.
"Can I meet you later? I feel like we should talk." Timothée quietly said when they got out of the auditorium after their last rehearsal.

"Um... Okay!" she hesitantly replied.

"Okay! Text me later and give me the time and place.. I have to meet with Nick! See you later!" the boy lightly hit her on the back and she sighed when he walked away.

"What's up man? How did the rehearsal go?" Nick asked him as soon as he approached him outside school.

"Good! We're ready for the big day.."

"I'm sure you are.. You're so damn lucky, I still can't believe you and Anya will star together in this year's play.. Did you pay your teacher to give her the leading part or what?" the boy joked.

"She's just too great for this role... I don't know.. The universe loves me I guess, I'm not sure if my performance would be the same if I had to do this with someone else! I look at her and I don't even have to act.. I just melt.."

"Don't melt before you talk to her... And don't talk to her before you break up with Kiara.. When are you going to do it?" Nick asked.

"I asked her to meet me later today.. I'll finally do it.. She was so sad about the fact she didn't get the part and it wasn't the right time for me to tell her.. But I'll do it now! It can't wait any longer, I don't want to make things worse." Timothée shrugged.

"I never thought I'd witness this.. You breaking up with your middle school crush and running after the most popular girl in our school... It's crazy!" Nick chuckled.

"Well... We live in a crazy world, what can I say? If only Anya had told me how she felt for me... I would have never dated Kiara.."

"So you really don't like her at all.." his friend playfully shaked his head.

"I liked her back when I wasn't sure about what I like. Now I'm sure. Cause I've met the person I truly like." Timothée put his hands in his pockets as they both walked to the parking lot of the school.

"I'm glad you have found that person, and I hope everything works between you two dude!"

"Thanks man, I'll talk to you later!" Timothée exclaimed and they did a bro hug, then he got in his car and drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was the rehearsal dear?" Ollie asked Anya when she met him, Marie and Lauren outside the school building.

"Good! I'm finally feeling confident enough.. I love the play, I hope it goes well!" she smiled.

"I can't wait to watch you on stage! I'll be clapping like a proud mom!" Marie giggled.

"Yes, we'll all come to watch you..." Lauren spoke.

"Thanks guys, it means a lot to me! It started as a joke, but it's actually pretty important to me now! I don't want to let my teacher down and I want everything to be perfect!"

"I'm sure you'll do amazing! You're Anya Davis, you never mess up!" Ollie winked.

"Haha thanks, even though I mess up pretty bad sometimes.."

"Sis when? Are you kidding me? You're perfect!" Ollie shouted.

"Want me to remind you of the times I messed up? Like when I ditched the cheerleading team... Or when I lost my cool and shouted at Calvin.. When I destroyed his devices... When I pretented I had a boyfriend and did an awful job at it.. When I fell for a boy who's dating someone else.. " she quietly said.

"Am I missing something here?" Lauren asked confused and Marie furrowed her eyebrows.

"You are actually.. Both of you... I wanted to talk to you about something.. It doesn't really matter at this point, but I still want you to know.... I have a crush on somebody.. But he's dating someone else.. So nothing's going to happen.."

"Who do you have a crush on?! How come we just learn about this?!" Lauren questioned shocked.

"I just wasn't ready to admit it.. I wasn't sure how you'd react.. Since it's Timothée I'm talking about..." Anya hesitantly said.

"Oh noooo.... You two would really be cute.. I've always had the feeling that those looks at the cafeteria meant something.. There's no way he doesn't like you back." Marie gave her a weak smile.

"Marie... Stop, yikes.. We have to help our friend move on... He is dating somebody else, so she has to forget about him... She's too classy to be running after a boy like him anyway." Lauren rolled her eyes.

"A boy like him!? He's so much nicer than anyone we've ever dated Laur.. But that's probably why I don't deserve him... There's no point in arguing about this though. He's with someone else, end of discussion." Anya sighed and Ollie gave her a quick hug.
"I have to go now, see you later!" the blonde girl added and walked to her car before anyone could say anything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timothée drove to Kiara's house later in the afternoon and waited for her to come outside.

"Hi there!" he stepped out of the vehicle when he saw her at her front door.

"Hi Timothée.." she walked towards him and sat on his car's hood next to him.

"How are you?" he asked.

"Let's just talk and get straight to the point Timothée.. Okay? I'm not stupid.." Kiara looked away.

"I know you're not.. It's just hard for me to say this..." Timothée looked down at his hands.

"Do you really have to say it then?"

"I sadly have to... You need a person who will give you their full attention.. A person who will think of you all day long... Someone who will offer you their heart and let you take care of it for them.. I can't be that person... I tried, but I'm too distracted.. I hate lying and pretending.." Timothée said.

"It's because of her.. You spend a lot of time together at the rehearsals.. You think you miss her just because you play a couple who is in love.. But things might change now that all of these will be over.. We can still make it work.." Kiara spoke.

"Kiara... Look.. I don't mean to hurt you.. I know the things I'm about to say are hurtful.. But I'm trying to be as honest as possible... I don't just like Anya.. I have feelings for her... I can't control it.. But even if she didn't exist, we still wouldn't work.. We didn't know each other too well, and I thought we'd match, but it turns out we're not right for each other..
I'm sorry. You may don't see it now, but you'll understand the day you'll meet the right one."

"And what about the feelings I have for you? Am I supposed to just throw them away?" she wiped her eyes.

"I never gave you enough of me, so I guess it'll be easy to forget about me.. Keep yourself safe for the one who will sweep you off your feet and who will feel lucky to have you.." the boy gave her a weak smile.

"Okay.." she hid her face.

"Don't cry please, everything is going to be alright!" he assured her and she nodded.

"See you around.." she stood up and quickly walked away.