~30~

"You know I'll keep asking you.. Didn't you have fun yesterday? Admit it!" Timothée asked his best friend while slowly riding their bikes in Central Park.

"Ugh... Okay, she's cooler than I thought. Can you stop talking about her now? Do you have a crush on her? Just tell me the truth, I won't get mad." Nick said in a serious tone.

"Okay okay.. Well... I have a lot of fun when I'm with her.. Sometimes she makes me feel like I'm a main character in a happy movie, I don't know... We never run out of things to say, as if there's a script we both know too well, except there isn't, and everything is spontaneous.. But she's just easy to talk to and we don't only have to talk about school, or our grades.. We never run out of words though. I smile more when she's around me." Timothée spoke.

"You didn't clearly tell me if you have a crush on her, but it seems like you have! That's serious bro.. You still have a girlfriend, remember? I thought you really wanted to be with Kiara... What changed?"

"I got to know Anya better..."

"But Kiara seems like a perfect match for you.. I don't get it.. You like the same stuff and everything.."

"Maybe that's why it's not as fun as it is with Anya.. I don't know.. I mean I have you to talk about robotics and video games... I don't wanna talk about it with Kiara too, but that's all she talks about... So it's hard to find a different topic to talk about with her.." the boy shrugged.

"And what are you going to do about it? Kiara really likes you.. She'll get hurt.."

"I know... It's a messed up situation... And I don't even know if Anya likes me back... She probably doesn't like me.. Not in this way.. And I should probably just forget about her, let it go.. I have no idea what to do."

"I wish I could help you man, but I suck at giving advice.. I don't even have a girlfriend and my right palm isn't really the talkative type..." Nick joked.

"Sweet Lord..." Timothée playfully shaked his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anya got out of her pool and sat on the poolside with her feet in the water, she looked at her phone that was lying on a towel beside her and picked it up. She decided to call Timothée.

His phone started ringing and he excused himself then accepted the call and started walking on a bridge.

"Hi Tim! How are you feeling today!" she asked.

"Hey Anya! I'm feeling quite better actually! I'm riding a bike at the moment, so yeah!"

"Riding a bike with a swollen eye?! That's a super power boy!" she teased him.

"Haha Bikerman.. But yeah, it's a lovely day, so I didn't feel like staying inside, plus the concealer boosted my confidence and I had to share it with the world!" he joked.

"Show them what you got boy!" she laughed.

"Duh!" he said in the same way she liked saying it.
"But anyway, what about you, what are you up to?"

"Oh, just chilling by the pool.. I'm kinda bored actually, so I was wondering if you'd like to hang out later?" she questioned.

"Oh... You wanted to hang out?! I'm sorry, I have plans with Kiara.." Timothée replied with disappointment.

"Oh! It's fine, it's fine! Don't worry about it.. I'll just find something else to do!!" she assured him but felt sad.