~51~

"I found the way to do it... They'll announce the prom queen and king soon... That's when it'll happen." Calvin spoke on the phone as he looked at a computer screen, inside a small room.
"Yes.. I'll use the big screen on the stage.. Happy?" he questioned.

"Who are you?" a random man walked in the room.

"Oh.. My teacher just sent me to change the background image on the stage screen.... She asked me to put our school's logo... I have a flash drive... I know how to do it, don't mind me!"

"Just be quick.. Don't get me in trouble!" the man in his 20s said and grabbed his cigarettes from the desk, then walked out of the room.

"That was close.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello.. Is the microphone working?" the principal of the school tapped on the microphone and got everybody's attention.
"Looks like it's working! Well, It's time for the announcement you've been all waiting for. Are you ready to know who your prom queen and king are, based on your votes?"

"HELL YEAH!!!" Gregg shouted and the rest of the students agreed and nodded.

"Language young man.." the principal gave him a disapproval look.
"According to your votes your prom king is... Timothée Chalamet." the man exclaimed.
"Who is this?" he mumbled a little louder than he should.

"OMG!!!!! TIM!" Anya shouted as she looked at the surprised boy.

"What the... Me?" he questioned.

"Yes!!! Go get your crown king!" she giggled and the boy hesitantly walked to the stage.

"Oh, you were on the play... Now I remember you!" the principal awkwardly said. Timothée nodded and the man put the king crown on his head. The students clapped, all except for the jocks. He had just stolen the crown from them.

"And your prom queen is.."

Suddenly the background image changed and a text popped up in the screen. 'ANYA DAVIS MADE TIMOTHÉE PRETEND'
A voice recording was playing in the background as well.

"So.. I have an offer for you... I'm sure you know who I am.. And I'm sure you know by now that my popular ex boyfriend cheated on me.. Will you help me?"

"Help you? How?"

"I'll give you anything you want in return, and you'll pretend we're in a relationship... Just don't ask me to sleep with you.."

Everyone looked at Anya in shock. She looked around in disbelief. She couldn't understand what was going on. She stared at her boyfriend on the stage with the crown on his head.
He was the only person in that classroom that day, he was the only one who could've recorded their conversation. She had seen him talking to Calvin... And that friendly tap on the shoulder some minutes ago.. She didn't want to believe Timothée had lied to her about everything, just to humiliate her on prom night.. But he was probably the person who had recorded that. She didn't care about the fact that the rest of the students had just learned the truth. The fact he had betrayed her hurt her in the worst way possible though.

"I would never sleep with a narcissist.. But.. You're the popular Anya Davis, why don't you just get a real boyfriend?"

"Did you just call me a narcissist?! Really?"

"Yep.. I guess I did."

"You know for a geek, you have way too much attitude."

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.. Don't expect me to run behind you like a chihuahua... Smart people still exist in this school."