~54~

A month passed by and Anya was still heartbroken over the way Timothée had walked away.
She didn't want it to end, but she had to respect his decision and let him go his own way, so she never tried to contact him again and tried to get used to his absence. It was the most difficult and painful thing she had ever done, but she felt like she deserved it. It was her punishment for not believing enough in him when she had the chance to.

"I can't stand seeing you like this.. Don't worry, this trip is all you need! Soon enough you'll be grateful for doing this with us, you'll see! You'll forget about him." Marie said to Anya as they walked out of the airport, followed by Gregg and Ollie.

"How am I supposed to forget about him when y'all brought me all the way to France...? I already see him everywhere I look at.."

"Where? I mean, do these guys remind you of him?" she pointed at the random males around them.

"No.... I metaphorically said it.. Cause France reminds me of him.. I still can't understand how you guys convinced me to come here with you.."

"We convinced you because we're your friends.. And we're about to have the best summer vacations ever! We all need this before going to uni.." Ollie rested his arm around her shoulder.

"Okay.. Sure.. But did we really have to come to France..?" she groaned.

"Yes! Cause that's the only way to get over Timothée for good..
If you end up deleting him from your system while we're in France, where every little thing reminds you of him, then the plan will have successfully worked. That's our goal.." Gregg spoke as they started looking for a taxi.

"Fine.. But there's no way I'll forget about him.. I just can't get over it.. We had something extraordinary, and he just threw it away.. I mean he was the one who said that you need to trust the person you love... But don't you also have to be with the person you love, instead of dumping them?" she shaked her head as a taxi stopped in front of them and the driver quickly took care of their luggage.

"Omg.. Boo.. You need to stop talking about it.. Your overthinking won't make him change his mind. You know I don't agree with his decision, but you have to let it go.. It's the best thing you can do if you want to heal and become stronger!" Ollie said as they all got in the vehicle.

"Fine.. I'll just stop talking about him, so I don't completely ruin the trip.. I'll try to enjoy this.." the girl sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rise and shine my beautiful sun!" Marie shouted the next morning, they had gone to bed pretty early the previous afternoon, to get enough rest and to synchronize a little better with the European time zone.

"Ugh... Do I really have to???" the girl rolled in the bed.

"Yeeees!!! We'll put on our beautiful sundresses and we'll explore Lyon."

"Ugh.. Okay.. Fine.." she got out of bed and rubbed her eyes.

"Let's get ready!" Marie said excitedly.
Some minutes later they were both ready to go.

"So, where's Gregg and Ollie, aren't they going to join us?" Anya asked confused.

"No... They're still sleeping.. We'll meet them later and have lunch with them!" Marie exclaimed as they both walked out of the hotel.

"Okay I guess.."

"We need coffee, don't you think???"

"Why didn't we just get some coffee from the hotel?"

"Because we're going to seize the day and drink some coffee in a beautiful, picturesque café." Marie giggled.

"Picturesque café..." Anya repeated and shaked her head.
Everything is picturesque here..."