~19~

"My parents are making me buy a new phone and laptop for Calvin..... And then they're planning on suing the school for letting such horrible things being written in the newspaper, since they have done nothing to stop it yet... Fun, right?" Anya chuckled in a phone call with her friends.

"Yeah, Calvin finally needs to stop... He gets shocked over a broken phone, like he can't replace it.... When he gets the newest Dior bag as soon as it drops in the stores.... He's crazy... He really took it too far.. Anger management issues..?! Huh, I still can't believe he wrote that about you.." Ollie exclaimed.

"I'm still curious to know who the 'secret source' is though.. They need a punishment.." Marie spoke.

"I've already tol-"

"Don't even start with that right now.." Ollie made Lauren stop.

"Guys somebody is at the door.. I have to go!" Anya announced and hung up after saying goodbye to her fiends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um.... Hello!?" Anya said surprised when she opened the door and saw Mrs Barnes.

"Hi Anya! I'm sorry for the unexpected visit! I just got informed today about the stuff the newspaper writes.. And I wanted to make sure you're doing well!" the woman said with kindness.

"Oh... Yeah I'm doing fine, thank you.. Do you want to come in? Can I get you something to drink?" the girl asked. She appreciated the fact her ex teacher had made it all the way to her house, just to check in on her.

"No, I'm fine, thank you! I shouldn't be here in the first place, but I wanted to make sure you're okay! I spoke to the principal about the newspaper, and the school will finally stop printing this hurtful bunch of papers."

"Omg, thank you Mrs Barnes.. Great news! I don't know what to say!" Anya smiled big.

"No problem, somebody should have done it earlier... I was a student myself once and I know how bullying can be... I'm glad you sticked up for yourself! You're a fiery young lady, don't let others bring you down miss Davis!" the woman smiled back.

"Thank you so much!"

"Oh okay, that's all, I hope to see you in class soon!" the old woman said and waived at the girl.

"I... Sorry, I don't know if I want to go back there..." the girl quickly spoke.

"Don't be a quitter miss Davis! Like I said to your classmates, you're way more talented than you think you are... Don't allow others keep you away from the things you enjoy! Because you enjoy acting, am I right?" the woman questioned.

"You are right... I shouldn't... But my friends don't want me to be in the theatrical team and the people there don't like me at all.."

"If your friends are your real friends then they'll support your decision no matter what, and they'll be happy to know you didn't give up on your interests because of them.. And well, if it wasn't for the kids in the theatrical team I wouldn't have found out about the newspaper.. They were worried about you! And if I remember correctly Timothée was very supportive of you the first day you came to my class!" the teacher said and Anya gulped at the sound of his name.

"Yeah... You're right.. He.. Yeah!" she awkwardly exclaimed.

"Anyway, I hope to see you in class miss Davis! Have a lovely afternoon!" the polite woman said and walked away. Anya stood there in confusion.
Having a supportive teacher was nice. The type of teacher you can actually talk to when you feel like a complete failure.

"They were worried about you.. That's what she said... Why would she mention Timothée...? Perhaps he said something good about me?" the girl murmured to herself.
"Maybe he's not the 'secret source' after all.. He wanted us to still keep talking to each other.. Maybe he just genuinely likes me..."

She ran upstairs, put a pair of sneakers on, put her blonde hair in a high pony tail and went to the garage to get her old bicycle. She had stopped using it since middle school, but she needed to feel the fresh air on her skin, she didn't feel like trying too hard. Teen movies had made her believe she had to be flawless 24/7 to be liked. But she didn't even really care anymore, and she was far from liked.

She hopped on the bicycle and rode it around her neighborhood. That was the kind of freedom she needed. And that was the moment she realized she didn't have to be liked by everyone, she only had to be liked by herself, only then people could genuinely like her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well we are both getting better, aren't we?" Kiara playfully said to Timothée after they done playing an important, challenging scene. They once again met after school to rehearse, this time at the boy's house.

"I think so!" the boy exclaimed.

"Okay.. You're not the talkative type of guy.. So I guess I'll have to do it... Do you want to go out sometime?" Kiara suddenly asked.

"Go out, like-"

"Yes, on a date... If you're not ready.. I understand.. You broke up recently..." the girl quickly spoke.

"I... I don't know.. I mean, maybe, we could do that.. Sometime.." Timothée said. The butterflies in his stomach weren't as loud as usually and he still couldn't explain why, after all he didn't really have a lot of experience in relationships and love.

"Well! That's awesome! I have to go now, but I'll see you at school!" the girl smiled big as she wore her backpack.

"Yeah.. I'll walk you out." Timothée smiled. Was it a fake smile? It sure wasn't 100% effortless.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Anya kept riding her bicycle, until she arrived at Timothée's house. She stopped some meters away and looked at his lovely pastel yellow house. She had missed going there and spending time with the French boy. They used to have a lot of fun together. How she had missed their night calls and his funny texts.

"Go talk to him, you coward..." she quietly said to herself. That's when his door opened.

Kiara walked out and Timothée stood in the doorway, they both laughed at something.

Then the tall girl leaned in and connected her lips with his. Timothée looked at her surprised and said nothing.

Anya rode on her bicycle as faster as possible, ignoring her misty eyes.