~32~

"C'mon.. Smile please! I know what happened on Saturday made you moody, but we're finally getting our parts today! Isn't that a good reason to be happy for?" Gregg spoke to Anya when he met her at school.
The past weekend was hard for the queen bee. She stayed in and avoided seeing or talking to anyone, except for her two male friends who desperately wanted to know everything. And of course she owed them an explanation, so she told them about how she confessed her feelings to Timothée, and he stood there like a statue doing nothing but looking at her.

"I know... But I don't even want to rehearse at this point... Let alone be in the play the day we'll perform in front of everyone.." Anya sat on some stairs in the back of the school building. Students who secretly wanted to smoke usually went there, so she could probably avoid seeing most of the people she knew.

"Don't even think about quitting right now... You worked hard for this. Don't let a stupid couple stop you from getting what you deserve." the boy said in shock.

"Yes... You're right.. It's just hard seeing them together all the time. I mean I literally saw Ryan smashing Lola.. And it almost didn't hurt, like at all.. But I see him holding Kiara's hand or just looking at her in the eyes and it's freaking painful."

"That's because deep down you always knew Ryan was treating you badly... So losing him didn't really affect you... Timothée is different... You two could have something wonderful, but it didn't happen, and well, life goes on.. You'll get over it sooner or later. In the meantime the things you enjoy will help you to feel less pain! So a good part in the play is all you need right now!"

"A good part?! Thank God I'll probably be one of the extras so I won't have to deal with the happy couple." Anya rolled her eyes.

"You underestimate your skills.. You'll see you'll get one of the important roles... I'm sure about it!" Gregg said and some seconds later the bell rang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nick.. You won't believe what happened..." Timothée started running on the track with his best friend.

"Woah, I thought you skipped school... What happened? Thanks for ignoring my text yesterday by the way!" the boy rolled his eyes.

"Sorry... It's because of what happened... I was so confused and didn't really wanna talk to anybody... I needed time.. I am still so shocked.."

"Are you finally going to tell me what happened? Or do I have to prize it out of you?!!" Nick sarcastically said.

"Okay.. So.. I told you about the double or maybe triple date.. Anya showed up with our mutual friend's cousin. I started asking questions out of interest.."

"Jealousy you mean!" Nick quickly corrected him.

"Anyway..." Timothée gave a death glare to his friend and continued.
"And they started messing up, their answers didn't match, and he was definitely not a good match for Anya.. So I figured she was lying about it... I don't know, thought she was faking the whole thing.. I approached her and asked her about it.. And here comes the shocking part.. She ended up saying she likes me.. And that she has feelings for me.. And that she is jealous of Kiara.. She once cried because of me and I didn't even know it.."

"What the hell! I thought you said she didn't like you.."

"Apparently she likes me.. And the sad part is that I like her back.. And I just wanted to hold her and apologize for not figuring out earlier that she was scared to talk to me... And I couldn't.. Because I didn't want to do this behind Kiara's back, so I did nothing.. And said nothing.. It was horrible." the boy sighed and his friend hit his back gently.

"I feel like it's the right time to ask this.. Have you ever thought of breaking up with Kiara?" Nick asked.

"Lately I think about it all the time to be honest.. But she loves me, she really does.. I mean she wants to go all the way with me... So I'm probably pretty special to her, since she wants me to be her first and everything.."

"I see... I really don't know how to help you man.. Sorry. You have to figure out which one is a better match for you I guess.. And maybe talk to a woman about it, they know more things about relationships.. Your mom could probably give you some good advice." the boy shrugged and Timothée nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready to see the announcement?" Gregg asked Anya on the break before their class.

"Not yet.. I'll just let everyone else see it first.. I don't really wanna be there to see Kiara's happy reaction. I mean she basically kicked my ass at everything. You can go see what part you got though, it's okay!" the girl leaned against a wall.

"Naaah... It's fine! I can wait, I'll go with you in a bit!" Gregg exclaimed and stood next to her.

"You know, I'm glad I actually joined the theatrical team, cause I met you.. I couldn't ask for a better friend." she chuckled.

"Ollie will kill you if he hears that... And then he'll kill me for stealing his friend away!" the boy laughed.

"He would never! I feel like he likes you.. And it's a rare thing for him, cause he's picky when it comes to people!"

"He's okay I guess!" he joked.

"I'm not trying to set you two up.. But please date!"

"Ooooh, I saw it coming! I saw it girl!" he giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timothée looked at the announcement on the board and saw his name next to the main male character's name.

Kiara looked at the announcement of the female parts and furrowed her brow.
"There must be some mistake..." she murmured.

"What?" the French boy asked. Kiara didn't answer, so he saw for himself.
"That's a great role!" he said to her after he spotted her name on the board.

"Of course!" she blankly exclaimed a second before the bell started ringing.

"Let's go!" he said and they both followed the other students in the auditorium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's do this!!!" Gregg shouted excitedly and received some weird looks from random students in the hallway.

"Yes..." Anya sighed as they both started walking.
"Can you look at the board for me please? Let's hope I get to play Henry's mean aunt, she seems so unattractive, nobody will pay attention to me!" she said when they made it to the board.

"The mean aunt?! Girl you're funny..." her friend laughed and looked at the board.
"Well.. I obviously don't play Henry.." he shrugged.
"I play his best friend though... I'm gonna have to be Timothée's best friend, sorry about that..." he added.

"Oh.. Of course he got the part..." she shaked her head.

"And let's see...... OH MY GOD! ANYA!"

"WHAT?!"

"YOU'RE PLAYING ROSA!" he shouted.

"I'M PLAYING WHAT!!?! You can't be serious..." she said in shock.

"It's at the top.... Look... Anya Davis is Rosa..." he pointed at her name on the paper and she took a look.

"That's the worst thing that could possibly happen to me right now....." she face-palmed.

"No it's not!!! C'mon! Let's see Kiara's grumpy face!" he giggled as he dragged her in the auditorium.