(Revised) Chapter Six

Two groups of Arusians were acting out the king's retelling of the battle between the gladiator and Voltron, with the gladiator being being they called the monster after Shiro's story about himself fighting it. Cam watched from the second level, not really paying attention. She was in an off-shoulder light blue, white and gold floor-length dress with a slit that went up to her knee Allura had insisted on putting her in, wearing a tiara that Allura had also given her and insisted she wear.

She watched the door, an uneasy feeling in her gut. Something would go wrong, and she would be quick to respond. The dress wouldn't help if she needed to fight, though.

It looked like Shiro was unhappy with the open doors, too, because he was standing at the entrance and brooding, so she decided to talk to him.

"My lady!" She stopped halfway down the stairs, turning to look at the Arusian king.

"Um, yes, your highness?"

"Please, there is no need for that. You helped save our village! You can call me by my name." She didn't bother to point out she didn't know his name. "You look good I'm that dress!"

"Thank you--"

"Would you care for a dance?"

Cam paused, trying to think of a way out of it. The king was bowed with his head down and a hand sticking out.

"Apologies, but I need to talk to Shiro. Afterwards, maybe?"

"Oh, of course, of course!" The king wandered away, unbothered.

Cam wandered over to where Shiro was. "You don't like this either," she stated. Shiro grunted.

"I just don't think we should be letting people wander in and out of the castle freely," he explained. He sighed and turned around, looking her up and down quickly. "That dress Allura picked out is really flattering," he told her.

"Thank you. She wouldn't stop bothering me until I said yes. I'm sure she would have if I said a firm no or something, but hey, it's not too bad."

"Keith seems to think so, too," Shiro said, laughing. Cam turned to look at Keith, catching him checking her out. He noticed her looked at him and quickly turned away, trying to pretend he wasn't caught. He hit Lance who was shamelessly staring.

"I'm just worried about if an attack happens," Cam said. "You never saw any bodies or anything while going through that ship with Pidge yesterday, did you?"

Shiro's eyed widened. "You go tell the Princess, I'll go keep an eye out."

Shiro left and Pidge walked up to Cam. "Can I talk to you and the others for a minute?" She asked.

"I need to talk to Allura, but--,"

"It'll only take a second, I promise."

Cam looked between Pidge and Allura. "Fine."

"I'll go get Shiro." Pidge looked at her thankfully.

Cam joined Hunk and Keith, both of them debating what Pidge was gonna talk about. Finally, Pidge came back with Shiro, and she explained she'd be leaving.

"Pidge, no!" Shiro warned trying to convince her not to leave.

"The download from the Galra ship was enough to at least get me in the right direction to start my search," she said. "I have a pod all ready to go."

Keith stepped closer to her. "You can't leave!" he protested.

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"If you leave, we can't form Voltron, and that means we can't defend the universe against Zarkon," Keith argued. "You're not the only one with a family! All these Arusians have families, everyone in the universe has families!"