Twenty-Three

Season two episode six: The Ark of Taujeer

"There's no point in debating this further," Allura said. "Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me." I threw my head back and groaned, along with the others. "Why would that be so hard to believe? Zarkon's forces showed up on Arus only after I awoke."

"She's got a point," Lance said. I looked to him with confusion until a realised what he was doing. He bowed to her. "I would absolutely travel across the galaxy to find you," he said.

"It's not you, princess Allura. It's me," Keith said.

"Oh my God, can we please not?" I asked. I was sitting on the arm of my station. "You're both being unreasonable. Allura, while it's true that they showed up after you woke up, they also showed up after we got there. We fought an alien ship before we went through the wormhole which took us to Arus, so maybe the commander alerted Zarkon and told them where we were going?" I suggested. "And Keith, what reasoning do you have?"

"Maybe Zarkon imprinted on me while we were fighting back when we were getting Allura back," Keith said.

"Well, by that logic, he could have imprinted on me, as well," I said. He opened his mouth to say something back, but closed it after he couldn't think of anything. "Yeah, see?"

"He could be tracking us through the Black lion," Pidge suggested.

"That's my bet," I said.

"No Paladin has been able to connect over vast distances," Coran said.

"There haven't been that many past Paladins, if you're not including all the white Paladins," I said. "So, really, we don't know. Maybe they can."

"Look, it doesn't matter how Zarkon is tracking us, because we're gonna take the fight to the galra soon enough," Shiro said. "They've been chasing us from galaxy to galaxy. The last thing they expect is for us to come after them."

"The hunter becomes the hunted, Huh? Awesome!" Lance said. "That's the tag line from like six of my favorite movies."

"As it happens, I took our list of recent galra attacks and analyzed it for both commonalities and anomalities among the attack sites. I was hoping to create an algorithm that would, within a statistically acceptable margin of error, provide a list of target-rich galra environments, color-coded of course, because, what are we, animals?" she asked.

"Cool!" Lance said. "What is it again?" he asked.

"It's a galra finder?" Hunk asked.

"Well, finder suggests that it locates the galra, whereas it would be more accurate to say that my model predicts their likeliest..." She paused when she realised that everyone was lost. "Fine. It's a galra finder."

"So, where are the galra?" Lance asked.

"The nearest ones are right here. A planet called Taujeer," Pidge said, showing it on the screen.

"Then that's where we're headed," Shiro said. "Everyone should get some sleep. Tomorrow, we'll find that galra fleet and take it out."

---

I couldn't sleep, like usual, so I decided to take a walk around the castle to clear my mind. I hadn't changed into the night gown that Allura had given me, so I didn't have to get dressed. I got up and left the room, only to be met by Keith, who had a bang slung over his shoulders.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, scaring him.

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take a walk," he replied quickly. "What about you?"