Twenty

Season two episode three: Shiro's escape

I walked to the main room where everyone was waiting for me once I landed my lion in the hangar.

"Why were you gone for so long?" Pidge asked.

"My lion started messing up when I entered the atmosphere, and once it hit the ground it didn't want to move. Long story short, I crashed, met a group of carulems, they're willing to help us out, we had a party, I found out I'm an alien, and then I got back," I explained really quickly. Everyone stared at me, dumbfounded while they tried to process what they had just heard.

"Wait, you had a party?!" Lance asked. "We there any hot girls there?!"

I laughed. It wasn't the question I was expecting. "There were all the hot girls, Lance," I told him jokingly.

"Okay, wait, you're an alien?" Keith asked.

"Aha, I was hoping you wouldn't ask that, because I'm still coming to terms with it myself," I said, crossing my arms almost proudly in an attempt to lighten the mood. I sighed when I looked around and nobody was happy with my reply. "Yes, I am, but in my defense, I had no idea either, okay? And so far I can only transform from my right elbow down, and make it so that I dont need to breathe, so it might take a while before I can fully transform," I said. Everyone seemed at least somewhat okay with this response, and carried on.

"You don't have to be worried, Millie, you're still our friend. If we only liked you because of your species, what type of friends would that make us?" Allura asked.

"The really shitty kind, I guess," I said. I sighed before remembering something. "Where's Shiro?" I asked.

"He's in a healing pod. He wasn't doing too good when we found him, so we put him in a pod to heal him. He should be about ready to come out in a few minutes," Allura explained.

"How did you find the lions?" I asked.

"We found Pidge, first. Then we looked around for you, but we couldn't find you and we decided that you would have to wait for a bit, so we went and got Keith and Shiro before getting Lance and Hunk. After a while we were finally able to track the White lion and that brought us to you," Allura said.

"That explains it. You couldn't find my lion because the carulems had brought it in the cave, which stops things from being able to track it since they didn't want the galra finding them," I explained.

She nodded. "We should probably go wait for Shiro to get out," Allura said. I nodded and followed her to the healing pods.

I looked at Shiro to see him grunting and groaning in the pod.

"Is he okay?" Hunk asked.

"Sometimes the healing process can cause involuntary brain wave reactions," Allura explained. I looked over to Shiro and he seemed almost in pain.

"He looks like he's having a bad dream," Hunk said. I nodded to show my agreement.

"He just got blasted by a space witch and mauled by giant lizards. What dream could be worse than that?" Keith asked.

We watched as he woke up suddenly. We brought him out of the pod and he said something about coordinates in his arm, so Pidge started looking into that.

"I'm not finding any coordinates in here," Pidge said. "Are you sure this wasn't just a dream?" she asked.

"I'm positive. Someone helped me escape," Shiro said.

"And he was galra?" Allura asked.

"Yes," Shiro said, sounding slightly annoyed.

"You know you cannot trust them," Allura said angrily.