Thirty-Four

Season three epusode six (skipped the last one because not much to do with the others was in that episode): Tailing a Comet

A lot had happened in the short amount of time after we battled the Alteans. Lotor stole the comet while we were unconscious, and we found Shiro.

That was it, and granted, it wasn't a lot, but it still felt like it.

I couldn't figure out why, but something just felt off with Shiro. From the story he told us about his escape, there was no security around the table he was laying on, he wasn't even tied down to the table, there was little to no security on the cruiser as a whole, and it had only been a few months and his hair was just about at his shoulders.

One, I really doubted that the Galra would just let him escape since it happened the last time he escaped. Two, he wasn't strapped down to a table, which I seriously doubted would be very likely. Three, little to no security didn't sound like the Galra. Four, nobody's hair can grow that fast. And five, the Black Lion supposedly teleported Shiro away, and I was the most skeptical about this one since considering the bond that he had built up with the lion, I didn't think it would teleport him directly into the Galra's hands.

But, I wasn't going to tell anyone. Everyone was just so happy to have 'Shiro" back, even if he did look a little weird, and I didn't want to tear that away from them. Especially not Keith, who it seemed to affect the most.

But, that was a story for a different time. At the time, we were on a Galra cruiser, battling sentries to cover Pidge while she got some sort of information.

I wrapped my whip around the head of one of the sentries, yanking on it. The pressure from me squeezing on the whip was enough to send the sentry's head flying off.

"Ow!" I heard Allura say. I looked over to see her rubbing her head where the flying sentry head had landed.

"Sorry," I said sheepishly. "Behind you!" I cracked my whip and it sparked with electricity. I swung my whip forcefully at the sentry behind her and it got shocked before shutting down completely.

"Thank you," Allura said.

I nodded and smiled before returning to my own sentries. A few more sentries down and Allura and I both ran to help cover Pidge and Hunk.

We got out our shields and made a barrier, only opening up to allow Hunk to shoot his machine gun through.

Pidge was able to shut down the power and the sentries all fell to the floor, lifeless. I high fived her.

---

"Great job out there everyone," Shiro said. I looked up from what I was doing on my screens, but just went back to work.

Pidge and Hunk went on to talk about sciencey stuff, none of which I understood. Apparently Lance didn't either.

"I have no idea what they just said," Lance told us, shrugging.

"They're geeking out together. All I know is that they'll come back and try to explain to to us," I said, making Keith chuckle a bit.

"Anyways," I continued. "I have an easier way to find Lotor, and it's one that doesn't involve whatever that was," I said, referring to Pidge and Hunk's nerd conference.

"I go out, you guys stay out of sight, and I'll contact you when I need help. I act like I'm surrendering, it'll lure him out, and then we know his exact location," I said.

"No," Keith said sternly.

"You're right, he might not fall for it," I said.

"No, I mean we're not risking you getting captured by him again. Not after last time," Keith told me.