Nine

Season one episode three: Return of the gladiator

We all went back into the castle from training. I heard something from Lance and Keith about some sort of space soccer game or something.

I left the guys and went to leave, but Shiro stopped me.

"Are you not gonna eat?" he asked.

"I'm not hungry," I told him.

"You've used that excuse for almost every meal. You can't not eat," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"So are you gonna eat?"

"No," I said as I left.

I wandered around aimlessly until an alarm went off. I headed towards the door when I saw almost everyone else headed there too.

When we finally opened the door there was a little... guy... troll... goat horned thing? I guess? I dunno.

It ran into a bush and Allura walked over to it.

"Greetings!" she said. "We know you're there! No harm will come to you."

The thing jumped out of the bush, sword in hand.

"Aw!" Hunk cooed.

"Wait, he could be dangerous," Keith said. "Drop your weapon!"

"No one takes Klaizap's weapon!" It yelled.

"Keith! Put that away!" Allura snapped. "Please kind sir, accept my most humble apologies."

"I am Klaizap, bravest of our warriors! Our village is over that hill. I come seeking answers as to why the lion goddess is angered with her followers."

"Followers?" Coran asked.

"Lion goddess?" Hunk asked.

"The one the ancients spoke of." He gestured to a conveniently placed rock that somehow none of us noticed.

"What make you think she's angered?" Allura smiled.

"Destruction is everywhere! In the past few suns, fire has rained from the heavens, and a giant has danced in the sky!"

"I think he's talking about Voltron," Hunk whispered to Lance.

"Yeah, I got that," Lance said.

"You have not angered the lion goddess," Allura said.

"How can you be certain?" Klaizap asked.

"Because I am Allura, and this is my castle."

Klaizap gasped and bowed down, muttering "lion goddess" as he did.

"Please, bravest warrior, take us to your village so we may meet our neighbours," Allura said.

"What about our mission to get off this planet and fight Zarkon?" Keith asked.

"Part of the paladin's mission is to spread peace and diplomacy. Arus has been our host for ten thousand years. These people deserve our thanks," Allura said.

We followed Klaizap to a village with multiple... things. Hunk was handing out something to some of them and one came up to Allura.

"Oh lion goddess, I, king of the Arusians, formally beg your forgiveness!" it yelled. "Please have mercy on us, and accept our dance of apology!"

He called his hands and another one ran up and began dancing.

"Commence dance of apology! Hoorah!" He yelled.