(Revised) Chapter Eight

Arriving at the Balmera, automatically it looked as bad as Hunk said, and it was worse seeing it in person as opposed to just hearing about it.

"Liberating these Balmerans won't be easy," Allura warned.

"So what's the plan?" Lance asked. "We go in there and just-- Pow! Pow! Pow!-- and free the prisoners?"

"What was that noise?" Keith asked.

"Lasers," Lance replied smugly.

Everyone began making different laser noises, all of which Millie rolled her eyes and tuned out. She looked forwards, watching the Balmera get closer and more and more of Zarkon's troops get visible.

"We can't shoot the Balmera, remember?" Millie brought up. "It's alive and sensitive."

"It's an atrocity what the galra have been doing to this grand beast," Coran said. "They're stealing its crystals, it's very life force without performing the energy rejuvenation ceremony to heal it."

"After seeing Shay's people enslaved, it made me realize how bad Zarkon really is," Hunk said. "And we're the only ones who can stop him."

"We can't go into the tunnel guns blazing then," Shiro concluded. "Plan B. We figure out how to draw the Galra up to the surface and battle them up there."

"I know," Hunk said. "If we attack all of this big mining stuff on the surface, the Galra troops will have to come out to defend it. Then we beat them up, head down into the tunnels, and Voltron saves the day."

"How will we know how many are left down in the tunnels?" Keith asked.

"You and I can go down and Scout around afterwards to see," Millie said. "We both have melee weapons so we won't accidentally shoot the Balmera."

"We'll also track the Galra and the Balmerans using Diothermal Life Indicator Point Technology," Allura said.

"Oh! Blip tech!" Everyone was silent. "It's an acronym...?"

"One of you will need to fly around the Balmera and drop sensors into the shafts on each side," Allura said, regaining the attention. "Then we'll be able to see where the galra and the balmerans are. There are already sensors built into your suits."

"I can do it," Pidge offered. "I just modified the green Lion with the invisible maze's cloaking ability. I should be able to fly around unnoticed."

Coran brought something into the screen. "That's their main power generator," he explained. "If you take that doen it will severely weaken their defenses."

"Then that's what we're doing," Millie said.

"We'll stay in cloud cover and give tactical support," Allura told everyone. "With the castle's defenses weakened from Sendak's crystal, though, I'm afraid we won't be of much help to you."

"I'll take out the power generator," Shiro said. "Keith, Lance, Hunk, you take out these big mining rigs around the area."

Hunk jumped, throwing a fist in the air. "Yeah! Okay let's do this. Let's go kick some alien butt!"

"I'll sneak down into the caves and make sure everything left down there on the blips are just Balmerans. Keith, when you're done, join me." Keith nodded.

-☆-☆-☆-

She was in the Balmera by herself now, having taken the hoverbike from her lion that it apparently had. It was silent, so she had no problem sneaking around and taking out sentries that hadn't left.

She came across what must have been one of the shafts that Pidge had dropped a sensor in.

"Sensor one looks good," she reported. Allura praised her and she was about to start going again until a sentry shot at her.