Fifty-Four

Season seven episode four: The Feud!

"I'm Bob, now let's meet the intergalactic goofballs we've got playing today."

The others and I were all raised up so that we were standing in front of podiums. Keith was at one end with Allura at the other. I was right in between Keith and Pidge, with Lance on Pidge's other side, and Hunk between Lance and Allura.

Everyone looked around, wondering where we were. The last thing I could remember was laying in my makeshift bed after Krolia and practically ripped me out of the pilot's chair in the cockpit of the White Lion, claiming that I needed rest. Of course I had protested, but as soon as Krolia pushed me out of the cockpit, Ivy agreed with the Galra woman and locked me out, so, of course, I figured sleeping was the only thing I could really do.

"Hi there," Bob said, flying over to Keith and shoving a microphone in his face. "Tell us who you are and where you're from."

"What is this place?" Keith asked.

"Uh-oh, looks like somebody wasn't listening to Norlox," said Bob, flying away in his little hoverchair thing. An audience from somewhere laughed. "Tell them what this is, everybody."

"Garfle Warfle Snick!" the audience shouted. Odd choice of words, but whatever.

"That's right, the name of the game is Garfle Warfle Snick," Bob said, spinning his chair around. He leaned his elbows on the podium in front of Keith, placing his head in his hands. "Tell us your name, son."

"My name's Keith," Keith replied. "How did we get here?"

"Well, I'll tell you how Norlox got here," Bob told us. "His uncle owns the studio." Everyone laughed except for us Paladins and Norlox. "Why don't you introduce us to the rest of your team?"

"We're the Paladins of Voltron," Keith said. "This is Allura, Hunk, Lance, Pidge, and my girlfriend Millie."

"What a cute couple," Bob complimented.

"Thanks...?" I said, unsure of how to react to the situation.

"You still haven't answered my question," Keith pointed out. "How did we get here?"

"Well I hope not the same way I got here," Bob joked. "A moofglider was jackknifed on the Haldar Expressway and it took forever to get past it. I still smell like moof!"

Bob leaned against Keith's podium. "Okay, Keith, I'm sure you know how to play our game, all you've gotta do is accumulate quaz-cenbullion credits and you win! Of course, if you don't, you'll hear this sound." A trombone played. "That sound means that you've lost, and you'll be trapped here in my studio for all of eternity."

I choked on air.

"I'm sorry. What?" I asked.

"If you don't win, you'll be trapped here for all of eternity," Bob said again, slower this time.

"I don't know who you are, or how we got here, but we're getting out," Keith told Bob.

"Oh, I don't think so," Bob replied casually. He snapped his fingers and thing appeared around our legs, preventing us from moving.

"See, all of you are guests on my show, and you will play my game as long as I want you to," Bob told us all. "Understand?"

Everyone nodded.

"Great!" Bob said, floating to the middle of the stage. "Now let's start with our first Warfler. Norlox, tell us what it is."

"Our first Warfler is... Pictation!"

Pictation turned out to be a game like Pictionary. Keith went up and had to draw the things he had been given, which turned out to be an Arusian (space chicken, according to Lance), Blade of Marmora (space chopsticks), the Red Lion, and Haggar, who I was going to guess, but Lance said windy cave and I couldn't stop laughing, and then time ran out.

We lost Pictation because Zarkon, Haggar, Lotor, and some other random Galra who I can't remember the name of came on the show, and they stole our points by guessing that it was Haggar.

Next they took Lance up, and I barely remembered that because my face was buried in my hands basically the whole time. After he finally got a point right by guessing Bii-Boh-Bi when his face game up on the screen (how could any of us possibly forget?), Bii-Boh-Bi came out and they started playing a different game.

After Lance very nearly won the second game, getting it wrong on the last question, he was dumped in flesh-eating goo and one of us had to play to free him. When Bob asked who the brainiest of the team was, there was absolutely no hesitation as everyone pointed to Pidge.

Cut to the point after Pidge's long calculating just to get a golf ball through a miniature golf course, and she attacked Bob. After that, everyone moved on to the final round, where we had to pick who we wanted to send back.

After everyone had their answers in, Bob went down the line, asking everyone about who they chose to go home and why.

"Let's start with you, Hunk," Bob said. "Who's ya pick?"

Allura's face came up on the screen. "Well, I chose Allura because she's the princess, but also a natural-born leader, y'know. The universe needs her more than people like us, plain and simple."

"Allura?" Bob asked.

"I voted for Pidge," Allura said. "She and her family have the best chance of rebuilding what my father started."

"Interesting," Bob replied. "Lance? Who got your vote?"

"I voted for Keith," Lance announced. "He's our leader, plus he's half Galra, so I think he's, like, the future."

"Keith?" Bob asked.

"I voted for Millie," Keith replied. "She helped me through some really tough times, and she's always been there for me. Even if I don't get out of here, I want her to be able to get out and be there for someone else."

"That's sweet," Bob said. "Millie, now who did you vote for?"

"I voted for Lance," I said. "I often listened to him talk about his home and his family, and I think he really deserves to go back to all of that. Plus, I am not staying here with these people all alone."

"Okay, Pidge," Bob said. "You're the last vote. You get to decide who goes back home. Who'd you pick?"

"Hunk," Pidge said.

"Hunk? Why?" Bob asked.

"Hunk gets along with everybody," Pidge said. "If anybody is gonna go out into the universe and bring people together, it's Hunk."

"So none of you voted for yourselves, and everyone got a vote. All of you wanted someone else to leave," Bob said.

"So does this mean we all get fed to the snick or something now?" Lance asked.

Bob turned on Lance with a menacing look. "You all get..." his expression turned back to normal. "Quaz-cenbullian credits! You win!"

After that I woke up in the White Lion with Krolia standing over me.

"You sure took quite the nap," she said.

"Oh," I said. "Yeah. I guess I was more tired than I thought."

"Good," Krolia replied. "You need to rest. I'll keep piloting the lion, you get more sleep."

I nodded and she left. After flopping back down on my makeshift bed, I rubbed my eyes.

What was that?

OwO this took literally forever to finish wtf

GIVE. ME. TOASTER. BATH. OR. GIVE. ME. D E A T H. I LITERALLY HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED THIS STORY SINCE DECEMBER 4TH I H A T E LIFE