(Revised) Chapter Three

Cam and Keith had emerged from the wormhole at some sort of dessert planet. The signs of life having once lived on it were there, but it was completely abandoned and barren. Large dips in the surface showed where oceans stayed, and even deeper crevices showed that there were underwater ravines at one point. Though, it was completely dry.

Keith had flown them down to one of the flatest areas he could find, which was difficult since most of the land seemed to be at some sort of weird angle.

"Guess this is it," Cam said, opening her door.

"We don't know if there's oxygen-"

"Yeah, this is it."

Keith sighed but got out anyways. Cam was positioned with her hand on her hip, looking around and trying to find out where her lion was supposed to be.

"You think there'll be, like, a sign or something?" Cam asked, taking a couple steps forward and hopping down a small ledge.

"Probably not," Keith said, following her but with much more caution as he didn't feel like risking breaking his legs by bunny hopping down three foot ledges and landing on perfectly straight legs.

They walked around a bit, looking for anything that looked like it could be housing a very large lion, which wasn't very many places. Eventually Cam got bored of the silence.

"So, uh, that princess, huh?" Cam said, trying to break the ice. "Like, man is she pretty."

Keith watched her for a moment. "I mean, yeah, I just didn't think you were the type to be into girls."

Cam stopped in her tracks, trying to process what he had just said.

"I look like this and people still think I'm absolutely, one hundred percent straight?!" she said, annoyed. "I gave myself an undercut for christ's sake!"

Three upper nostril piercings, two extra ear piercings on one ear, three tattoos, a wavy bob with a tattoo undercut, her entire clothing choices, and people had the audacity to think she was straight! She was at least slightly offended. All that work and for nothing.

Granted, her hairstyle was bordering on a Karen Cut, but the piercings and tattoos should have been enough to give it away.

"But yeah, I'm bi," Cam said, her attitude a complete 180. "I thought that was kinda obvious, though. It's whatever."

She continued to walk on, and almost immediately paused when her shoes clicked against something. She looked down, seeing that there was a large stone slab under her feet, and it looked as though something was painted on it judging by the splotch of white she could see.

She began brushed away sand with her foot, and a bunch of abstract splatters of paint eventually formed what looked like a lion. Cam smirked.

"You said there wouldn't be a sign," she said. She saw a dip in the stone which formed what looked like a handle, and she grabbed it, pulling at it until a surprisingly light chunk of stone lifted up and revealed a passageway underneath. "Well, down to hell we go."

She sat down with her legs dangling over the edge, and looked up at Keith before pushing herself so that she slid off and into the pit. It was a surprisingly smooth drop, and she landed on a bunch of underground plants which cushioned her fall. She heard Keith call down to her, and after moving she told him he was free to drop down.

"This is, like, ominous as shit," Cam commented, taking in the white glow coming through the cracks in the brick walls. It was barely enough to light up the place at all, but it was at least something.