Twenty-Four

Season two episode seven: Space Mall

"Okay, look," Shiro said, starting off whatever he was going to say. "I now know for certain that Zarkon is tracking us through the Black Lion. We have to find some way to stop him."

"How are we going to do that?" Pidge asked.

"We've never had this situation before. Two Paladins fighting over the same lion," Allura told us.

"Well, unless we want Zarkon taking control of Voltron every time we get close... I'll have to forge a new bond with my lion," Shiro said. "One that's stronger than his."

"Well, while you're working on that, the rest of us need to find some new teludav lenses, otherwise we won't be able to travel via wormhole," Coran said.

"Is that something we have to mail order?" Hunk asked.

"Does anyone even make those anymore?" Keith asked.

"I don't know," Allura said. "Only a few Alteans could use the teludav ten thousand years ago. They may not exist anymore."

Coran pulled on his mustache but released it as his eyes widened. "I think I may know where we can get some," he said. He took us over and brought up the screen, where he then found pictures of an alien. It looked somewhat human-like, but it had extra arms.

"Coran!" Allura exclaimed. "You're not suggesting going to one of those filthy swap moons! The last time you went, those filthy space pirates tookbyou for everything you had."

"Space pirates?" Lance asked.

"The Unilu were traders and pirates that roamed the galaxies and dealt in black market goods," Coran explained. "Umvy spice, by-tor water, little bottles of infinity vapor. Of course, you had to bargain. No one could bargain like the Unilu. Last time, I ended up giving away three quarters of my shipment of lango in exchange for a used pogo oscillator," Coran said, laughing.

Allura laughed along with him. "Father was not pleased about that," she said.

"Well, while Coran is picking up his lenses, I'll take you shopping for something sparkly," Lance said, moving to stand next to Allura.

Coran was not pleased and moved between the two. "This isn't shopping!" he said. "You're not wandering around, saying 'What a lovely pink hat! This is so becoming.' No! I can't allow Allura to get anywhere near those filthy, lowballing Unilu hoodlums!"

"But I'd love something sparkly," Allura said, grinning at Coran as a way of getting what she wanted. I chuckled as I realised that this was possibly the only time Allura had been so happy at the though of hanging out with Lance.

"Look, you're the only one who can operate the Castle. You need to be resting after all you've been through," Coran told her. He walked away from her and towards the door. "Now, let's ready a pod for our mission. We need to get in, find the scaultrite lenses, and just get out."

"Shotgun!" Lance said, running towards Coran.

"What? No, you have to be in the pod bay to call shotgun!" Hunk yelled, running after Lance. Pidge went running after the other two and I looked at Keith before walking off.

"Since when?" Lance asked.

"Since forever? That's shotgun etiquette. I wrote the book," Hunk said. 

We got in the pod and after a while, Coran's voice came over the speakers.

"Hello? Back passengers? Can you hear me?" he asked.

"Oh, it's so comfy up here," Lance said, bragging about how he got to sit in the front while everyone else sat in the back. I was one one bench, sitting next to Keith, while Pidge and Hunk sat of the bench across from us. "Extra leg-room, heated seats! Oh, man!"