Thirty-Three

Season three episode four: Hole in the Sky

"What's going on?" Keith asked. An alarm was flashing on the screen in the control room.

"Yeah, these have never gone off before," Pidge said.

"Allura, what is it?" Lamfe asked.

"It looks like you guys just saw a ghost," Hunk added.

"It's an old Altean distress signal," Coran informed us. "One like King Alfor used to use."

"Could it be? Are we not the last Alteans alive?" Allura asked.

"Wait," Keith said. "What if someone is cloning the signal to try and lure us in?"

"The signal is from an Altean ship, and we're going to find it," Allura said.

She opened a wormhole to the location and we went through it. We got there to see a yellow rift or something with half of a ship sticking out of it.

"That looks like a telgulax exploration shuttle," Allura said. "One of my father's deep exploration vessels."

"According to the ship's identification code, it's Commodor Trailing's ship," Coran told us.

It took quite a bit more talking, but we eventually got in our lions, formed Volrron, and went through the quintessence portal thing. On the other side of it, we found the other half of the Altean ship, go figure.

"We must have crossed through, because that's the other half of the ship," Pidge said.

"Wait," Allura said. We flew behind the portal, finding nothing but empty space. "The other half of the ship... it's gone! Coran? Coran! We've lost sight of the castle, Coran. Are you there?"

"Where did he go?" Keith asked.

"According to my sensors, we're still in exactly the same place we were before," Pidge told us.

"Guys, maybe the other ship and the castle didn't dissapear... what if we're in some sort of... I dunno, alternate dimension, maybe?" I suggested.

"This may sound strange, but now I'm detecting multiple biorythims from the ship," Hunk said.

We eventually decided to disband Voltron and go in the ship. There was no gravity, and it was dark.

"Hello?" Allura called out, turning on the flashlight that was built into the wrist of her suit.

I did the same, turning on my light before following after her. We wandered around aimlessly, but I could've sworn I heard someone or something breathing heavily.

We reached the control panel, and Allura placed her hand on it. The lights turned on and suddenly there was gravity.

"Did the crew abandon ship?" Keith asked.

"I dunno, but they couldn't have gotten far without their space-" Lance cut himself off by screaming as he took a helmet off of one of the suits, exposing a skeleton with a monocle. "Those aren't empty!" he screeched.

I wandered around the room, exploring and investigating a bit. I used my whip to pull me up to a high ledge, where I looked for any signs of life.

Something glittered on the floor, and it was little specks of something that I couldn't think of. I put my hand on it and slid it across the floor, moving the specks, and proving that they weren't there for decoration.

I turned on my flashlight since it was still dark, and found little pink caterpillar looking things. They looked like a bunch or spheres connected to each other and each sphere had two pairs of legs. The spheres went in a pattern of light pink to hot pink, and the caterpillars had tiny smiley faces as faces.