Fourty-Two

Season five episode three: Postmortem

I walked with the others to the control room. Including Jackson. It felt nice to be around him again. Even though we had been apart for so long, it felt as if we never were. We were still like siblings, he was still as silly as ever, and I never realised how much I missed teasing him about his messy dark brown hair.

It turned out he had been sent on a solo mission to space. His ship had broken down and a couple rebel fighters found him. After and few months of traveling with them, they said their farewells and he split off with the intention of returning back to earth. He happened to be on that planet when we arrived there. He noticed the commotion and went to go check it out and his guy told him that it was me he saw there.

Anyways, Allura had called us to the control room. The door opened up to reveal Allura standing next to Lotor, who as sitting on the steps. I still didn't like him, but I held at least a small bit more respect for him, and I felt and little bad. His father was a tyrant, sure, but the man was still his family, and no matter how terrible, the probably still felt like the had at least a small connection.

"Look, it's Prince Lotor, just hanging out on the bridge," Lance said.

"Guess this is a thing that's happening," Pidge added.

"I suppose we'll all just have to get used to it," Coran said. "Like my Zebluvian intestinal eel!" As if on que, Coran's stomach rumbled, but it wasn't a normal type of stomach growl. "Easy there fella!"

Shiro stepped forward. "What's going on Lotor?" he asked.

"The death of my father as created a power vacuum witging the Galra Empire. The most formidable leaders with gather at an event called the Kral Zera sometime in the next to days to see who will take the throne," Lotor explained. "We must be there."

"So you want us to fly you into the middle of a meeting with all the most powerful Galra leaders," Lance summed up.

"Lotor, we appreciate all that you've sacrificed, but this is far too dangerous," Allura told the Prince.

"We've been in far more dangerous situations with less to gain," Shiro spoke up. "Putting Lotor on the throne is what we've been discussing."

"Yeah but no one told us that would mean flying into a war zone," Pidge said.

"Since when do we not fly into a war zone?" I asked.

"So you're on board with this?" Lance asked, almost in disbelief.

"Lotor has proved his loyalty to us and if anyone else ends up in the throne then we are at big risk of them trying to follow in Zarkon's footsteps," I said.

"Thank you, Millie, I knew you would at least support me," Lotor said.

I shot a glare at him. "Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not doing this for you."

"We can't plan a dangerous operation this quickly," Allura said.

"We don't have and choice," Shiro replied.

"I'm with Allura," Lance said. "We need to think about this."

"Lance, this is not your call," Shiro told him.

"Oh, and it's just your call now?" I asked Shiro.

"I thought you were in my side!" Shiro said, his voice starting to raise.

"I'm on my family's side!" I yelled back.

"I am your family!" Shiro yelled back.

"I'm agreeing withbthe princess," Pidge said. "It's too dangerous to pull of at the last minute."