(Revised) Chapter Two

She nearly jumped when the blue lion lowered its head, but she didn't, so she could keep her pride for now. It opened its jaw, letting them inside, and everyone just sort of looked at each other before Lance headed inside. Cam followed, watching as Lance sat down in the pilot's seat.

The seat jolted forwards once he sat down, making him screech, but he calmed down once the controls lit up.

"All right! Very nice!" he said, grabbing the controls. The others joined them, and Hunk was the first to speak.

"Okay guys, I-I feel the need to point out, just so we're all, y'know, aware: We are in some kind of futuristic alien cat head right now."

"I'm sure everyone is well aware of that already, Hunk," Cam said, rolling her eyes.

"Woah, did you guys just hear that?" Lance asked.

"Hear what?" Keith asked.

"I-I think it's talking to me. Hmm... um..." He pressed a few buttons, causing the lion to stand of and roar.

"Okay, maybe Lance isn't the most, like, qualified for this, since he's already hearing voices in his head," Cam pointed out. There were a couple mutters of agreement and Lance just rolled his eyes.

"Okay. Got it," Lance said. "Now let's try this."

He shoved the controls forward, sending the lion through the wall of the cavern and out into the daylight, where he did some somersaults and wild turns, making the team grip onto whatever was closest.

"You are the worst. Pilot. Ever!" Keith exclaimed, gripping onto the back of the seat. Lance was smirking, as if he were proud of himself, and landed the lion on the ground, where it ran along at a fast pace.

"Isn't this awesome?!" Lance said, laughing with giddiness.

"Make it stop!" Hunk pleaded. "Make it stop!"

"I'm not making it do anything. It's like it's on autopilot," Lance explained. The lion jumped up and began rocketing towards the sky.

"I swear to whatever God you believe in, Lance, that if you kill me I am taking you with me," Millie growled, clutching the back of the chair where she was pressed up against Keith.

"Where are you going?!" Keith asked.

"I just said it's on autopilot!" Lance huffed. "It says there's an alien ship approaching earth. I think we're supposed to stop it."

"What did it say, exactly?!" Pidge asked.

"Well, it's not like it's saying words, more like feeding ideas into my brain. Kind of."

"Well, if this thing is the weapon they're coming for, why don't we just, like- I don't know, give it to them?" Hunk suggested. "Maybe they'll leave us alone. Sorry, Lion, nothing personal."

"You don't understand. These monsters spread like plague throughout the galaxy, destroying everything in their path. There's no bargaining with them. They won't stop until everything's dead," Shiro said. Everyone looked at Hunk.

"Oh... Never mind then."

They left the atmosphere, and sure enough, a giant alien warship was waiting for them. Like, huge. Almost, like, anime girl boob levels of outrageously huge.

"Holy crow! Is that really an alien ship?!" Hunk asked.

"No, Hunk, it's obviously not," Cam said, the venom in her voice apparent.

"Oh, okay..." Cam opened her mouth and then closed it. "Wai- Hey!"

"We've got to get it out of here!" Pidge said as the alien ship opened fire and began shooting lasers at them.