(Revised) Chapter Nine

Everyone was waiting around, all holding their breath.

"Isn't that what that last robot monster came in?" Millie asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes," Shiro said.

"So we're in trouble, right?"

"Yes."

"Should we start, y'know, preparing to fight?"

"Yes."

Millie stuck her bayard in the slot it could go in, the scythe end materializing on her lion's tail as it grew longer.

"If it's the same kinda monster that attacked is on Arus we already know how to beat it," Keith said, getting Voltron's sword out.

"Something in my gut says it's not, Keith..." Millie watched as they brought up their shield, her stomach turning as she watched the container opening.

Lo and behold, it wasn't the same monster as on Arus.

It looked some sort of lizard with long arms, and the way the eyes shifted only reminded her more of a chameleon. It locked onto Voltron before shooting a beam from the middle of its chest.

"It's not the same monster!" Lance yelled, as if nobody else could see that.

Voltron was getting pushed back, and Millie cringed as the Balmera seemed to groan in pain.

"We need to draw it's fire away from the Balmera's surface!" Shiro said. "Millie, got anything?"

"Well, I'm guessing the laser in the middle of its chest is probably it's weak spot," she said. "I'll keep observing and trying to come up with something, though."

It hit Voltron again, causing everyone to groan as they were pushed back again. They lunged at it with the sword but it dodged.

"We can't hold out!" Lance said.

"My lion's weakening!" Pidge yelled. "If the shield sustains structural damage we're done for!"

"Pidge is right!" Keith said.

"Oh, Pidge is right?! I'm the one who said we can't hold out!"

"Would you all stop yelling for a moment?" Millie yelled over them all, causing them to mostly shut up. They tripped and the shield went flying out of their hand.

"Okay, team Voltron, disband," Shiro commanded. "Everyone, evasive maneuvers. It can't shoot us all at once."

It raised it's arms, revealing tons more eyes to shoot with.

"I think it can," Millie said sarcastically. A laser shot towards her and she yelped and dodged, sighing when it hit the Balmera. "Everyone to the sky, don't let it hit the Balmera anymore!"

The castle came down from the clouds, shooting at it and distracting it for a moment, having it turn and shoot at it.

"Keith, draw it's fire, I'm coming down from above," Shiro said. Keith agreed and began shooting at the chameleon thing, doing just as Shiro said and drawing it's attention away. Shiro was about to shoot it when it's eye spun around and shot at him.

"We need to find it's blind spot," Keith said.

"I don't think this thing has a blind spot," Pidge told him.

"Then we make one," Millie said. "All of you draw it's fire away, I'll go for the eyes and see if I can take them out."

Everyone was drawing it's fire away and Millie ran up behind it, dodging a laser and using the scythe on her tail to smash the laser eye, effectively taking it out. Unfortunately the monster decided to make her it's next target because of it.