Thirty-Two

Season three episode three: The Hunted

We flew around a planet with rings, which reminded me of Saturn. Lotor's ship was in view, but Allura kept crashing into everybody.

She crashed into Hunk, apologizing to him for it, and then proceeded to crash into me. I groaned a little as the impact sent me a little bit out of my seat, but accepted hee apology nonetheless.

"I can't expect you to know exactly how to pilot a lion when you just got in," I said, chuckling to brush off the annoyance I felt.

"We're going in," Keith said. "Millie, you hide again."

"They'll probably expect it after last time, but okay," I grumbled.

"What do you say we do then?" Keith asked.

"Maybe go back to the castle, get you guys used to your new lions, and then come back and hit them like a truck? After the terrible performance last time, their expectations are set really low, so of we run back and are a mile above that bar, they'll be unprepared," I said.

"We don't have time for that anymore. If we can end this right here and now it'll give us time to look for Shiro," Keith told me.

I rolled my eyes and flew off in my lion, preparing for the attack. I flew down to the planet when I saw a fighter appear, but no other ones. It looked different, and I could see that even from the distance I was at.

"Is that Lotor?" I asked under my breath. My lion purred in response, but it didn't seem like a 'yes, it is' purr, but more like an 'I'm not sure' purr.

I saw the fighter hitting Keith multiple times, so I took that as my chance.

"I can't shake him, someone get this guy off my tail," Keith said.

My lion roared, sending out the rings, so I flew the lion through them. We shot in front of the fighter, causing them to almost crash into us.

"I feel like he's a cat and he's chasing us, the mice," Hunk said.

"Well then, we need another cat to show them who's boss," I growled. I shoved the controls forwards, and began to chase the fighter, sticking close to him. He was able to make quick, sharp turns, and those were what I really struggled with, but it still wasn't good enough.

"Guys, I have an idea!" I shouted. "Everybody fly past him. It might help to make him confused, or he might get distracted thinking about which one of us to go after. I'll leave and come back to attack when I see an opening."

I ducked down, allowing everyone else to take over. They all did as I said and began to swarm him, trying to distract him, and it worked. I flew back up, opening my lion's jaws so that I could chomp the fighter in half from the underside.

"What's wrong with you, lion? Do as I command! Move!" Allura commanded.

"Allura, you can't force your lion to do anything! Instead of commanding it to do everything, you have to work with it," I told her.

The fighter zipped out of the way, making me fly straight past it.

"This isn't working. We need Voltron," Keith said. "Everyone in formation."

We all flew in formation, but nothing was happening. It didn't even start to feel like we were going to merge together.

"Just keep flying in formation," Keith ordered us.

We kept going and I noticed the fighter flying alongside us.

"Guys, keep this formation a little bit longer, I think I have a plan," I said.