Four

Season one episode one: The Rise of Voltron

"Unfortunately, I cannot locate the red lion's coordinates yet. There must be something wrong with the castle. After ten thousand years, it might need some work," Allura said, smiling.

"Don't worry, we'll find it soon. They don't call me 'The Coranic' for nothing," Coran said, looking quite proud of himself. "It's because it sounds like mechanic... so... Coranic... Mechanic... It's not- it doesn't sound exactly like it, it's similar."

Suddenly, the red lion roared and started running off, all the others following it.

"Once all the lions are united, you all will for Voltron, the most powerful warrior ever known, the defender of the universe!" Allura said.

The lions flew up and moved closer to one another until a bright light flashed and a giant robot stood in front of us. I noticed that the front of Voltron's chest was white with the design becoming larger, which meant that my lion became like a chest plate.

"Awesome!" someone said.

"Wait, okay, so, we're gonna be up there in flying lions, I got that part, but how do lions turn into legs? Also, is this gonna be a long trip? Because I have to pee. Do you people pee?" Hunk asked.

"Well, we don't have much time. Pidge and I will go after the green lion, Lance, you take Hunk and get the yellow one, and Keith, you can go with Millie to get the white lion," Shiro said. "If anyone locates the red lion, tell Millie and Keith and they'll go get it."

"In the meantime, I'll get this castle's defences ready, it'll be sorely needed," Allura said.

"And I'll ready two pods, and load in the coordinates so you guys can reach the green and white lions," Coran said.

And before we knew it, Keith and I were in a pod to go after a giant white lion. We had agreed that Keith would control the pod, since I had absolutely no idea how to pilot anything.

The planet was a place called Ardinus, and it looked like basically a giant cloud. Allura and Coran had warned us that we'd have to look closely for any cave-like opening, because it would blend in with the rest of the planet.

Another problem was that we'd only have two earth hours to get back through the wormholes that Allura was keeping open. But at least it was supposed to be a really peaceful planet.

When we got to the planet, it felt like air was just a heavy fog, and the ground felt like you could fall through it.

"I don't like this," I told Keith.

"Why not?" he asked.

"I can't explain it. It just feels like there's something bad around here or something."

I stopped moving and looked around, the fog was so thick you could barely see five feet ahead of you. It just made me uncomfortable.

Keith noticed that I stopped and he also stopped. "What's wrong?"

I didn't respond and instead started walking away from him, towards a sudden pull or something. It felt like a magnet was pulling me that way, but the fog was so thick that I couldn't tell what it was.

"Where are you going?" Keith asked me.

"Just trust me," I told him as I started running off.

"Millie! Millie if you run to far I won't be able to see you!" I heard Keith yell. "Millie!"

I ran back towards where his voice was coming from and grabbed him quick, turning around and running towards the thing again.

I froze when I saw a cave opening. It was made completely out of fog, and was in the shape of a lion's head while it was roaring.

I went inside and slid down the steep slope, hearing Keith do the same behind me.

I ran through the cave as white light began to glow from carvings on the walls, ceiling, and floor, and the carvings eventually lead me to a lion.

A white lion sat inside a white barrier, the small black details mixed with the white and tiniest bit of a glowing turquoise color made it look beautiful.

I went up and touched the forcefeild, but nothing happened. I placed my hand on it when I heard Keith yelling.

"Hurry and get in your lion! Galra troops are coming in!"

"Just a minute!" I yelled back.

"If you wait another minute, it might be too late!"

I sighed and looked at the lion. "No it won't! Trust me!"

I looked the lion right in the eye, waiting for something to happen. And then Keith came running in.

"Hurry up!"

I could hear the troops running up behind us but I didn't care. All that mattered right now was my lion.

Suddenly, the lion's eyes started glowing. It got up and roared at the forcefeild, making it disappear before the lion ran at Keith and I, scooping us into its jaw as it ran by.

I got up to the control room or whatever and sat down.

"What are you doing?" Keith asked.

"Well it's my lion, shouldn't I fly it?" I asked.

"But you have no experience flying," he said.

"Psh, who needs experience?"

And with that I shoved a lever forwards, making the lion shoot out from the cave, through the fog, and back into the wormhole.