Twenty-Two

Season two episode five: Eye of the Storm

"Zarkon! How did he find us?" Allura asked.

"His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion," Keith said.

"We need to wormhole, now! Everyone to your stations," Shiro ordered. "We've gotta pit some distance between us and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives." I ran to my station and sat down. If there was one way to ruin my good day, this was certainly it.

We started taking hits. "That's sure a lot of fighters," Hunk said.

"Allura, can you evade these fighters? We can't have them following us through the wormhole," Shiro said.

"I can try," Allura said. The castle started speeding off and the particle barrier went up.

"Keith, Lance, Millie, let's lay down some covering fire," Shiro said.

Our little disk fighter things went out and we started shooting at random ships. It was kinda fun, like some sort of video game or something, but  it was a little more intense, considering we were actually fighting for our lives.

"Lance, incoming, twelve o' clock high," Pidge shouted to Lance.

Lance and Keith started bickering, but I tunes them out to focus more on shooting down jets. I looked over and noticed one about to hit Shiro, so I took it out before it could do anything. Shiro thanked me and I grunted in response as I took out more.

Shiro started talking to Hunk about the defenses, but Hunk said he was tired. Shiro then went on to tell everyone that we could take a break as soon as this fight was over.

"I've got an idea! Hold on!" Allura yelled.

The ship then started going slightly faster. "Allura, what are you doing?" Pidge asked.

"I'm going to use this moon's gravity to gain speed and put some distance between us and Zarkon," Allura explained.

Everyone was grunting as Allura followed through with her plan. "We're clear to wormhole!" Coran said, and we did.

"We got away from Zarkon, but how come we're still on alert?" Lance asked.

"Coran, what's going on?" Shiro asked.

"Oh, no! Teludav lens malfunction!" Coran yelled. "We're about to exit this wormhole a lot sooner than we planned!"

We exited the wormhole to find ourselves surrounded by a bunch of what looked to be ice chunks.

"Whoa, where are we?" Lance asked. "It looks like some sort of iceberg graveyard."

"Coran, what's the status?" Allura asked. She bent over and put a hand to her forehead.

"Checking that now," Coran said. "We didn't make it to our exit point but we're several galaxies away from Zarkon's fleet."

I leaned back in my seat but quickly rushed over to Allura just in time to catch her from falling.

"Oh, no, you look exhausted," Coran said. "You must rest. You've been exerting way too much energy. I'll go check on the main turbine and figure out what's going-" Coran nearly screamed as he slid into a wall.

"Woah, are you alright?" Lance asked.

Coran groaned but then acted as if nothing had happened. "I'm fine," he said. "Look, I'll tell you what, I've probably hit a slippery spot on the ground there. Someone please wipe that up there!"

I helped Allura sit down and she looked to Coran. "You're sweating," she said. "You might have a case of the slipperies."

"What? No! No That's an old person virus and I'm not old. I'm young," Coran insisted. "Well, youngish."