Nineteen

This isn't part of any of the episodes, so I'm just gonna put this here

I woke up and looked around. I was in a bed in some sort of room. The walls were all made of stone, and the only light came from a few small crystals scattered around the room and a big crystal that was lodged in the ceiling.

I went to sit up but was met with a hand to my chest. "You need to rest, you took a pretty bad blow to the head. We were able to somewhat help with it, but our healers cannot completely fix this. You will need some rest to fully heal," the person said.

I looked over to see a girl smiling at me. She had light skin, green hair, and pink eyes with the same diamond pupils as the woman before, but she looked somewhat younger than the woman from before.

"Who are you?" I asked her. She smiled at me and I felt something grow in my chest. It felt warm and comforting, like I belonged right here, wherever I was. "Where am I? What are you?"

"My name is Adeline, I am a guardian, and I was assigned the job to watch over you while you slept. Now that you are awake, I will go find our leader, Rosa, and you two can talk," Adeline told me.

"You still didn't tell me what you are, or where I am," I said, frowning.

"Right, my apologies. I am a carulem, and you are in our cave. We- as in the carulems- were attacked so many years ago by a man who goes by the name of Zarkon. We fled here and pretended like we went extinct, so that Zarkon would not attempt to find us and enslave us for our powers," Adeline told me. I nodded and she left, making the pulling feeling in my chest return.

A couple minutes later a new person walked in and the feeling went away. This one also had light skin, but she had dirty blonde hair and purple eyes, with the same diamond pupils.

"Greetings," the girl said. "I am Rosa, the leader of this village. If you have any questions, you may ask me."

I looked up at her. "Whenever I'm alone on this room, I get a pulling feeling in my chest that tells me to leave, do you know why that is?" I asked.

"You see, when we know that we are around others like us, we have a strong desire to be around someone else, and that's what that feeling is," Rosa explained.

"'Us?'" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes. Us. You are a carulem, correct?" she asked. I shook my head.

"I'm human. My parents were human, I'm human. I come from earth," I told her.

She looked at me with a small smile before she transformed. Now her eyes were brown and looked normal, and she just looked... human.

"Now I am human, too," she said. "You are a carulem, I can feel it. Your parents were just transformed to blend in when they had you, I'm sure, so you were born as a human, but I assure you that you are a carulem. You just don't know how to transform." I looked at her, not believing her. "Okay," she said. "Try this. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and imagine what you want to look like," she told me.

I did as she said, but I couldn't think of what I wanted to look like, so I just did the first thing that came to mind.

"There you go! You're getting it, see?" Rosa said.

I opened my eyes to see that everything from my elbow down on my right arm was fuzzy and purple. I started freaking out and imagined it going back to normal.

"Galra isn't normally the first thing people think of when they want to transform, but it's something," Rosa said. I looked up to her with panic in my eyes and she chuckled. "It's not anything to be worried about, you shouldn't freak out about it. Keep practicing and you'll be transforming as easily as you breath," Rosa told me.