Knowing Somethings Wrong

Dante's P.O.V.

"You sure that she's okay?"  I asked Ben on the phone when I was taking one of my breaks.  I leaned against the wall, staring out to the town, starting to become lifeless from the fall.

"Yeah.  She seems fine.  Minus that she accidental hurt herself from lifting a box full of books."  answered Ben on the other side.

I groan in complaints as I pinched the bridge of my nose in stress.  "Damnit, Katy." I mumbled to myself, "You have to start being reckless."

"You know how Katy is, Dante."  I heard Ben like he heard what I said, "She can't stay still for 15 minutes."

I formed a small smile.  "Yeah.  You're right.  How badly did she get hurt?  And what box of books did she pick up?"

I don't remember Katy having another box of unpacked books that she brought from her moving.  The only books I remember that she picked up was the - 

My eyes widen from what I thought, "Please don't tell me she got into those stuff of wolves that I packed away for her recovery?"

Ben was silents for a bit and I groaned in complaints again but more louder then before.  "Damnit, Katy!"  I yelled, now getting stress.  

"Dante." I heard Ben on the phone, "Calm down.  She's okay.  Just little bit pull something on her neck.  She's fine."

"But why getting into those stuff?  She's going to end up freaking out in the end."

"She just pull out her books, Dante.  She didn't like seen her book shelf being half empty and she thought that should try to start moving on from the accident."

I sigh and leaned back against the all more and wrap my free arm across my belly, trying to calm down and relax.  "Does she know that recovering from that would be that easy?  I remember it took Alexis and Kyle nearly 3 years to calm her down on seeing just pictures of clowns."

Ben laughed.  "She does know, but she wanted to try."

I looked up at the sky trying to think on what to do with my question I want to ask Katy.  When will it be the right time I can ask her it?

"But," I heard Ben spoken, drawing my attention back to reality and look at my phone against my face.  "I notice something wrong with her before I left."

I raised an eyebrow.  "What was wrong?"

"I notice that she was trying to hide a discus face.  Like she was smelling something awfully bad."

My eyebrows lifted high as I sat up from my leaning post.  "Katy always have a strong sent of smell." I told him, "Did you smell something bad as well?"

"No.  But she start acting like that after I stared to eat my sandwich that I bought with her lunch and I saw her staring at my food like I was eating something bad."

My brows frowned in thought.  I knew that Katy had a strong sent of smell, but she never had issues of the smell of food, unless it was rotten, spoiled, or molded.

"Dante?" I heard Ben spoken.

"I'm here." I answered.

"I don't mean to alarm you, but," Ben pause for a moment and I heard him taking a breath, "I think there's something wrong with Katy and I have a bad feeling about it."

I nodded.  "I do too.  Something isn't right about all this."

I looked back up to the sky and prayed that this feeling both of us is having is wrong and goes away.